1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Datawrite Titanium Discs....

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by El_JimBob, Mar 22, 2005.

1. El_JimBob

El_JimBob
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone else use these discs and having problems with them all of a sudden?

First batch ordered from SVP worked a treat in my Tosh XS32 - ordered three more packs from them a few weeks back and have had nothing but problems ever since. Not only does the LG drive in my PC fail to write on them (100% failure) but the Tosh also has probs too. In this instance, discs complete the writing and finalizing procedure, but then are unable to be read in any capacity. Im going to try and get them replaced for some Ritek G04 or Fuji discs, as these are the only type that still work across the board....

Dang, and they started off so well (mind u, some peeps have told me in the past to stay away from any dyes manufactured by CMC, oh well).

:(

2. pjclark1

pjclark1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +271
    If they are CMC MAG AE1 then I use em all the time and find em very good.
    you need to check the media ID, titanium doesn't mean anything.

3. jdarushall

jdarushall

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Check the dye on the problem ones???

The Datawrite greys I had a problem with were all a different (prodisc?) dye and not Fuji.

I was about to ask about these discs as there are now alot of them about.

If you still have the barcode label have a look at that.

I discovered that all the Datawrite greys that were OK had a different barcode from the ones that were not so good.

Fuji Dye were 5060043-493493

Prodisc were 5060043-493455

Disc are OK on the Tosh but only write at X2 were the Fuji dye one wrote at 4X.

4. El_JimBob

El_JimBob
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    All the discs so far have been the CMC MAG AE1 code.

The previous Datawrite i used were the 8x Grey and 8x Printable both with the Fuji dye - absolutely flawless, must have burnt at least 4 tubs worth without a duffer - what a shame it's so hard to track down discs using that dye now (unless anyone can tell me otherwise).

barcode-wise, the CMC dye discs have the 5 060043 493493 code, whilst the Fuji discs carried the code 5 060043 493455.

Just get bad sectors all the time - can't be doing that with all me precious data :)

5. jdarushall

jdarushall

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Strange the 3 tubs of datawrite greys I had with that code were all Prodisc. - I wonder if they were just conterifet or something. The font with the number on is slightly different (more of a rounder type face)

I can still get them with that code but but won't risk it after the last 3 lots.

6. loreweb

loreweb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, I have to buy some dvd for my tosh xs32 and I would like to know which datawrite will work without problem. (grey, titanium, I can't see the difference)
    I'have readen that the datawrite with code CMC MAG. AE1 are ok. is it true? also they are 8x??
    these will be ok?: http://www.nierle3.com/s01.php?sid=...09270114709&cur=eur&sp=it&ag=1&pp=aa&bnr=2364
    or someone other in this page: http://www.nierle3.com/s01.php?sid=...&br=1&pp=suchestu&studio=53&studion=Datawrite
    what is the code will work better? CMC? Prodisc? SKC? Infosmarto? Ritek?

and for the rw, this will work?: http://www.nierle3.com/s01.php?sid=...09270114709&cur=eur&sp=it&ag=1&pp=aa&bnr=2375

7. pjclark1

pjclark1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +271
    I have burnt loads of CMC MAG AE1, all at 12x on my NEC burner, and never any problems. The ridisc xtreme (aka Datawrite Blue) G05 are also quite good 8x budget disks. If unsure about what disk to use the Verbatim 8x or 16x plus disks are totally reliable and guaranteed for life. (but more expensive)

8. father alice

father alice

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    not quite the point, but SVP give a 1 yr warranty on all items they sell, so will replace the faulty batches no problem, even if it a while since the original order. (Including the faulty burnt ones)

Give them a ring / email them.