Datasat RS20i to receive Dolby Atmos Upgrade - news discussion

Huzzah! Now we could do with a few more studios getting in on the act and making an announcement to support Atmos :)

Does this mean that existing RS20i owners will be able to upgrade their units for ATMOS support? It seems like it might, but it doesn't say for certain.

Huzzah! Now we could do with a few more studios getting in on the act and making an announcement to support Atmos :)

Seems pretty clear to me...

" Some of the world's leading filmmakers are using Dolby Atmos sound to put the audience right in the middle of the action, so it is a logical step for Datasat to offer this new sound format to our customers. I am convinced that together the Datasat RS20i and Dolby Atmos will make for an incredible combination for home theater. I'm pleased to be able to make this announcement today," said Ciaran Doran, Group CEO of Datasat.

Does this mean that existing RS20i owners will be able to upgrade their units for ATMOS support? It seems like it might, but it doesn't say for certain.

Yes, that's what it means. It'll be a firmware update or an add on card.

Seems pretty clear to me...

" Some of the world's leading filmmakers are using Dolby Atmos sound to put the audience right in the middle of the action, so it is a logical step for Datasat to offer this new sound format to our customers. I am convinced that together the Datasat RS20i and Dolby Atmos will make for an incredible combination for home theater. I'm pleased to be able to make this announcement today," said Ciaran Doran, Group CEO of Datasat.

That's Ciaran Doran of Datasat. I'm making reference to studios announcing Atmos support on bluray.

Couple of questions / set up:

1. How do I get VU meters to show ALL channels? For example, played a movie tonight and only showed 8 channels on VU meter (up to Back main surround speakers). Want to see all speakers (using AURO upmixer) including heights.

2. Used VNC as my controller is not set up tonight. Can connect BUT no volume control. How do I control volume (or, actually, get volume up and down arrows) on my iPad? I can connect fine.

3. I need to make the RS-20i IP address end in 100 or above (I need to modify IP address for my router to over 100 as it changes randomly if lower than such). How do I give it a static IP?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Couple of questions / set up:

1. How do I get VU meters to show ALL channels? For example, played a movie tonight and only showed 8 channels on VU meter (up to Back main surround speakers). Want to see all speakers (using AURO upmixer) including heights.

2. Used VNC as my controller is not set up tonight. Can connect BUT no volume control. How do I control volume (or, actually, get volume up and down arrows) on my iPad? I can connect fine.

3. I need to make the RS-20i IP address end in 100 or above (I need to modify IP address for my router to over 100 as it changes randomly if lower than such). How do I give it a static IP?

Thanks!

Probably best posted in the RS20i thread again Jeff, but answers as follows:

1: Go into set-up rename channels, and there is a check box for each channel to add its VU to the home screen.

2: In the VNC app, double tap the top menu bar and adjustment arrows will appear. When on the home screen this control the volume.

2: Setup - Network - select static IP and enter your IP address of choice. This will require a hard reboot to take effect.

Got it. Thanks! I appreciate. Got it all up!

1. Is there a way to power on unit via VNC?

2. ALSO, I want to burn in my new speakers with Pink Noise. To run it on all channels simultaneously, I went to the LEVELs page and hit the multi channels button and selected all speakers All are playing pink noise.. How do I increase the volume Pink Noise further? Enable the Digital Volume box and increase volume offset?

Thanks!

Last edited:
1. Nope, you can't power on via VNC.

2. Just increase the master volume.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom