• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Database / catalogue softwarte

blaster9999

Established Member
Looking for a database foe my blu ray. My dvd collection is much a lost cause, cominbation of kids randomly deposting them around the house, an ocd other half, who really doen't care which case a disc is returned to as long as they where back on the shelf. and pillaging relatives. I pretty well gave up buying dvds, sticking to renting . Just never seemed to be able to watch them

To keep better track of my blus looking for a database /library programme. happy with something web based , oh and freeware :)

Last edited:

Jim Di Griz

Distinguished Member
Try DVD Profiler from Invelos there used to be a free version - not sure if there still is

:thumbsup: Yes there is still a freeware version available.

Ive started putting all mine on there, done the blu-rays but now its the dvds turn...

Useful, especially if people are always pinching/lending your dvds! Very easy to use and its surprising how quick you can catalogue all your discs.

blaster9999

Established Member
QUOTE=Jim Di Griz;10567858]:thumbsup: Yes there is still a freeware version available.

Ive started putting all mine on there, done the blu-rays but now its the dvds turn...

Useful, especially if people are always pinching/lending your dvds! Very easy to use and its surprising how quick you can catalogue all your discs.[/QUOTE]

On the freeware version is there a cap on max no. of discs. In otherwords what do you get for you 29.99 if you register?

Rom

Prominent Member
You get an unlimited number of discs.
HQ cover art
Online personal catalogue page.
Ability to add new disc submissions to their database.
Lifetime upgrades free.

Check my signature to see my DVDProfiler list ;)

Here is the page detailing the differences between the registered & free DVDProfiler:

http://www.invelos.com/dvdpro/Registration.aspx

Last edited:

Rom

Prominent Member
whoops, double post....

mentasm

Distinguished Member
You could also try DVD Aficionado. It's an online catalogue that anyone can contribute to (and there are no limits on the number of titles you can include). The only downside is that the information isn't as detailed as DVDProfiler or the (now defunct but much better) DVDSpot.

With DVDAF you can still create your own groups to separate DVDs from BDs, HD DVD etc. Although I preferred the detailed info offered by DVDSpot, DVDAF is still useful for insurance purposes if you just want a free record of the titles in your collection.

blaster9999

Established Member
You could also try DVD Aficionado. It's an online catalogue that anyone can contribute to (and there are no limits on the number of titles you can include). The only downside is that the information isn't as detailed as DVDProfiler or the (now defunct but much better) DVDSpot.

With DVDAF you can still create your own groups to separate DVDs from BDs, HD DVD etc. Although I preferred the detailed info offered by DVDSpot, DVDAF is still useful for insurance purposes if you just want a free record of the titles in your collection.

This was the one I was trying to remember. Thing is I've already started using profiler (okay only 5 discs ) but I like it. Love the ieda of just entering ISBN to get all that info Also though it doesn't recognise my new Smallville series 8. :confused: Only thing is it only seems to list them as dvd's can't cat as blu or hddvd.
Even the free one does more than I really need. Just need a ready cat which I can access. I learnt my lesson blu will be kept hidden away.( must be more carefeul hiding them took more the a year to find Kingdom of Heaven again) :suicide: hd dvd can stay in plain view (i'm the only one in the family with a player, that really, wind some of them up ) . Dvd are fair game still, but just don't care as such, most the decent dvd hav Some become already been pilfered, or lent out and forgotten about. Relatives:suicide:

Last edited:

Rom

Prominent Member
Also though it doesn't recognise my new Smallville series 8. :confused: Only thing is it only seems to list them as dvd's can't cat as blu or hddvd.

I can confirm that both DVD & Blu versions of Smallville season 8 is in their database as I have just looked. You should make sure your database is up to date and the correct options are selected in the 'Add disc' window. By far the best way to add is via barcode.

As to not being able to categorise by format (BD/ HD DVD, DVD) - Are you entering the discs via bar code or title? Barcode is the most accurate as it selects the exact disc you have - and it does have seperate categories for HD, BD & DVD.

The layout is pretty much fully customisable too so you can choose what & where to show information.

blaster9999

Established Member
I can confirm that both DVD & Blu versions of Smallville season 8 is in their database as I have just looked. You should make sure your database is up to date and the correct options are selected in the 'Add disc' window. By far the best way to add is via barcode.

As to not being able to categorise by format (BD/ HD DVD, DVD) - Are you entering the discs via bar code or title? Barcode is the most accurate as it selects the exact disc you have - and it does have seperate categories for HD, BD & DVD.

The layout is pretty much fully customisable too so you can choose what & where to show information.
Yes the US one. I've just taken delivery of the uk one which isn't ( bar code def not recognised ), might be a question of just waiting until they've updated. Do like it, far simpler and superior to just knocking up a simple excel sheet. As for format issue, put that down the normal problem with new software / hardware, human error.

Last edited:

blaster9999

Established Member
Or you could update it yourself.... which is kind of the idea;)

Nah... too much like hard work ;) I like the idea of of entering a 12 digit string and instant index card, Also not the worlds greatest typest, ( just check out this thread title) :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Rom

Prominent Member
Easy to do with very little typing (assuming it is the same content as the US set).

Add the US set
Select the menus DVD -> Change EAN
Input your UK barcode
Change the country code to UK

Done.... A fully completed entry for the UK set :thumbsup:

blaster9999

Established Member
Easy to do with very little typing (assuming it is the same content as the US set).

Add the US set
Select the menus DVD -> Change EAN
Input your UK barcode
Change the country code to UK

Done.... A fully completed entry for the UK set :thumbsup:

Ta just did it hopefully its right

Goooner

Distinguished Member
I'm sure someone will change it if not. Profiles seem to get updated all the time.

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom