Data transfer question between elite and old xbox

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi im getting my elite 2moro and was planning on trading my old core against it and keeping the hd for the data transfer. Ive noticed that on the us forms for the free data transfer cables they ask for serial numbers of ur old xbox does this mean ill need to keep it or they will check if i have it.

Does anyone know what the process is for uk customers to get the data transfer cables yet ? I wish i could just buy them from the store to avoid this hassel.

Cheers

Hi im getting my elite 2moro and was planning on trading my old core against it and keeping the hd for the data transfer. Ive noticed that on the us forms for the free data transfer cables they ask for serial numbers of ur old xbox does this mean ill need to keep it or they will check if i have it.

Does anyone know what the process is for uk customers to get the data transfer cables yet ? I wish i could just buy them from the store to avoid this hassel.

Cheers

Hi,

you don't get a transfer cable with the Elite, only the retail 120GB hard drives. If they do allow free cables in the UK, they'll ask for your serial number to prove you actually have an Elite, that's all (it will also be registered for one year warranty from that point forward). If you don't want to do that, you could either borrow one from a friend when they're finished, or use an XSata.

ZHD

Moogle

Distinguished Member
The form you have to send in to MS in the US for the transfer kit requires both your old and new console serial numbers. It's most likely going to be the same here. As long as you have a record of the old serial number you should be OK.

Rob_Meister

ZebraheadDude you mention using the Xsata to transfer all the data from the 20gb HDD to the elite 120gb one. However, I tired doing this last night with no joy. I done a backup using 360xplorer, this created a *.bin file (guess this is an image of the drive). I then connected up my elite HDD and restored the *.bin image using the 360xplorer software. This took a considerable amount of time and all the data appears to be on the elite HDD. However, when I go to the system tab on the 360 dash it says 'No storage device found'. I would appreciate it if any of you guys could help me out here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

LG CX Best Picture Settings
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom