Data transfer from Xbox One > Xbox Series X

steg666

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi - good morning all :).

Firstly apologies if this is a really daft question and as I've done a quick search for it and found nothing it makes me even more nervous it's a silly question.

Anyhow, my new Series X is due to arrive today :). Currently I've got an Xbox One X and am keen to transfer over most of my games. It looks like I can data transfer over games from my One to my Series X via local network which could potentially save lots of time waiting for big downloads.

So, if I transfer say, FIFA 22 and Forza Horizon 5 via data transfer will this just straight was it over as an Xbox One version of the game or will it be the Series X version. If I have to download the whole of Horizon 5, it isn't really worth doing the data transfer I suppose but if it's a relatively small update there could be a big time saving to be made.

Hope this makes sense, I guess when people have upgraded in the past they've come across this query.

Thank in advance guys.

Hi - good morning all :).

Firstly apologies if this is a really daft question and as I've done a quick search for it and found nothing it makes me even more nervous it's a silly question.

Anyhow, my new Series X is due to arrive today :). Currently I've got an Xbox One X and am keen to transfer over most of my games. It looks like I can data transfer over games from my One to my Series X via local network which could potentially save lots of time waiting for big downloads.

So, if I transfer say, FIFA 22 and Forza Horizon 5 via data transfer will this just straight was it over as an Xbox One version of the game or will it be the Series X version. If I have to download the whole of Horizon 5, it isn't really worth doing the data transfer I suppose but if it's a relatively small update there could be a big time saving to be made.

Hope this makes sense, I guess when people have upgraded in the past they've come across this query.

Thank in advance guys.
Got mine a few months ago and I think I remember it downloaded the X/S version if applicable, I had issues with COD Black Ops and had to delete and reinstall it.

when i did mine i used a large external drive and copied everything onto there then onto my X. i did then have to find the upgraded x versions and download them but it was quick and i left it to do it whilst watching tv

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom