Data only sim for Jaguar E Pace

gfplux

Established Member
Reaction score
I live in Luxembourg and two weeks ago I signed a rolling 30 day data SIM card contract with a local supplier Tango. This gives me monthly 1.5mb for €12 a month in my car. Yes I know it is expensive.
After two weeks I can see I will be actually needing +/-500gb
I was told by the Jaguar dealer I had to have a SIM card WITHOUT a pin as the car will not allow entry of a pin. The Tango salesman apparently manipulated the card to get rid of the pin code. I put it in the car and it works fine.
So my question.
If I buy a data sim from Amazon or Ebay do they come with or without a pin. If they come with a pin how do I get rid of it.
Thank you for your good will and help.

Usually the ones I have bought don't come with a pin. You can set one after if you want.

I bought my last one for around 30 pounds for 12 months giving a total of 12gb of data on the Three network. It does work in mainland Europe too. (Might only be 6gb of roaming data but still cheaper than what you are paying)

500Gb? What on earth is the type of data your device is pulling?

In my Lexus, I use 6GB sim cards which last 10 weeks on average, lots of streaming music etc, 500GB?? Think you've done your sums wrong there! :D

Yes oops I read 500MB which would be much me reasonable depending on what you are doing.

Sorry everyone. Got my MB and GB mixed up.
Contract 1.5GB
USAGE 500 MB
Silly me

Just checked the one I got it appears to be the same for roaming so currently £32.96 for a year on Amazon compared to £130 or so that you would pay with your contact

Just checked the one I got it appears to be the same for roaming so currently £32.96 for a year on Amazon compared to £130 or so that you would pay with your contact
Thank you Chuck,
Could you post a link as there are dozens of sims on Amazon.

Thank you Chuck,
Could you post a link as there are dozens of sims on Amazon.

Probably worth mentioning, my data cards purchased in the UK don't work on the continent, I think most networks only operate the service in the UK, worth checking.

Probably worth mentioning, my data cards purchased in the UK don't work on the continent, I think most networks only operate the service in the UK, worth checking.
They should all do so long as they have roaming enabled and you have roaming enabled on the car. What network did you buy them on.

They should all do so long as they have roaming enabled and you have roaming enabled on the car. What network did you buy them on.

I use EE, not sure about other networks although EE can 100% only be used in the UK which is fine for me.

I’ve been using the three sim linked in an earlier post and it works great in my Audi. No PIN was required when I installed it.

I use EE, not sure about other networks although EE can 100% only be used in the UK which is fine for me.

Fine but the Three ones definitely work abroad and the best value for money imho. The ee ones are more expensive.

It's 27.99 on mymemory website at the mo.

You won't be able to use any UK network SIM long term abroad. Roaming is only meant for short trips/holidays abroad. If you try to roam for a long term the SIM will be cut off. This is true for any network across Europe. You need a SIM from a local network for long term use.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom