Dashcam battery pack no longer being recognised

tigermad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wasn't sure where to post this so will try here since it's the busiest forum.

I have a Thinkware F770 dashcam along with a Cellink B battery pack so I can use parking mode.

It has worked fine for 2 years but since Saturday parking mode does not enable when I turn the engine off. The battery pack has charged up fine and has a green light and no settings have changed on the dashcam.

I have checked the fuse it is connected to in the car and all seems ok. If the fuse had blown I would assume the dashcam would not power up at all anyway since its the only way the camera and battery are connected.

I will try to reset the dashcam later but can't see this making a difference. I don't understand why it would just all of a sudden stop working :-(

Do they connect with a 'standard' USB/MiniUSB/MicroUSB cable (car to battery and battery to camera)?
If so, replace that. Need to source one that specifies 'for charging' rather than 'sync' or 'for data'.
An aged or weakened cable may limit the current flow.

Do they connect with a 'standard' USB/MiniUSB/MicroUSB cable (car to battery and battery to camera)?
If so, replace that. Need to source one that specifies 'for charging' rather than 'sync' or 'for data'.
An aged or weakened cable may limit the current flow.
Thanks. It deffo not a cable issue because the dash cam wouldn’t turn on if it had a dodgy cable. I could do with someone local that has a Cellink to try to see if it works before I buy a new one

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom