Dashboard Update

mikekirk

Standard Member
I just switched on my 360 and it downloaded a dashboard update, my dashboard is now version 2.0.2258.0.

Anyone else had this? I wonder what it does?

R

royster

Is it just my xbox or others that everytime there is a dashboard update my xbox will hang when first switched on. I always have to switch it off and back on and then the update message appears instantly.

PHC

Standard Member
royster said:
Is it just my xbox or others that everytime there is a dashboard update my xbox will hang when first switched on. I always have to switch it off and back on and then the update message appears instantly.

I haven't noticed it before, but mine did the same thing this time for sure.

D

Deleted member 92943

So this will be the second dashboard update?

D

Deleted member 92943

As long as it's put on a demo disc i don't mind as i don't have broadband

Kieron

Distinguished Member
stevemac2006 said:
Don't wanna' turn mine on now, last time I updated I got the ring of death!

Me too....

Petey

The only difference I've noticed since installing the dashboard update earlier today is that now my xbox doesn't work. Sometimes it boots up, then the screen breaks up and get like a white noise coming from my speakers. Sometimes it won't boot up at all.

Don't really now what to do now. :mad:

Vini

Petey said:
The only difference I've noticed since installing the dashboard update earlier today is that now my xbox doesn't work. Sometimes it boots up, then the screen breaks up and get like a white noise coming from my speakers. Sometimes it won't boot up at all.

Don't really now what to do now. :mad:

id be suprised if the update caused that. if it did, youd expect it to just not work, not be tempermental.

Monty1977

My backup copy of 'The Office' on DVD no longer plays...will try some more tonight.

Adam

Petey

Vini said:
id be suprised if the update caused that. if it did, youd expect it to just not work, not be tempermental.

Any ideas what it could be, if you don't think its the dashboard update.

Anyone.

gilford

Distinguished Member
When I log on now it comes in the top right of the screen instead of the bottom middle???

I'm not to keen on this :(

Never mind

Phelan

Novice Member
Dunno if I'm just being paranoid or if its a coincidence or what but I've had my xbox 360 freeze up on me twice now since the update. No problems whatsoever before the update.

Each time its frozen, only switching it off then on again sorted it out. Like I said, don;t want to start any rumours / panics but its abit odd.

The 1st time it happened was when I was reviewing my photos in PGR3. cycling through the pictures quickly using the trigger buttons just caused the system to freeze up. I've not tried doing it again since but thinking about it I might give it a go to see if the problem is recurring.

Bleeders

The update bricked my 360!!1! :mad:

Everything was working satisfactorily save for a few crashes in Ridge Racer 6 beforehand, however, I ran the update on Saturday morning and that was all she wrote!

Distorted screen for the first few times when rebooting, then the enivitable followed, "ring of death" and that was it. On the horn to MS who confirmed the death of the machine, who then offered to send the cardboard coffin, decided to use my own and UPS should be picking up today, just hoping for a replacement before Thursday/Friday.

Thanks MS! :smashin:

Bleeders said:
The update bricked my 360!!1! :mad:

Everything was working satisfactorily save for a few crashes in Ridge Racer 6 beforehand, however, I ran the update on Saturday morning and that was all she wrote!

Distorted screen for the first few times when rebooting, then the enivitable followed, "ring of death" and that was it. On the horn to MS who confirmed the death of the machine, who then offered to send the cardboard coffin, decided to use my own and UPS should be picking up today, just hoping for a replacement before Thursday/Friday.

Thanks MS! :smashin:

How do you know that ? Can you prove it was the update?
It's just coincidence. How can the update only cause problems with your xbox, mine is fine.

Sorry, but it's like saying PGR3 broke my xbox as i was playing it when it crashed :D

Bleeders

Because it was working fine no problems beforehand. Then the update thing appears, run it. Reboot. Distorted picture. Dead.

Check the problem thread, someone else suffered a similar fate I believe, not to mention that MS are supposedly issuing a fix for the update since others have reported problems with it also.

D

Deleted member 92943

I still need to get the first dashboard update :mad:

Bleeders said:
Because it was working fine no problems beforehand. Then the update thing appears, run it. Reboot. Distorted picture. Dead.

Check the problem thread, someone else suffered a similar fate I believe, not to mention that MS are supposedly issuing a fix for the update since others have reported problems with it also.

Yeah but out of the 100,000's of xboxs updated 99.9% a fine...

Mine broke when i was playing PGR3 and so have quite a lot of other xbox's but you hardly heasr people saying PGR3 broke the console.

It's coincidence mate. How do you know they next time you powered on your xbox without the update it wouldnt have done it?

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Large Screen HDR TV or Projector For Home Cinema + Best of the Month

Latest News

T+A launches new Caruso R music system plus optional speakers
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Melco update adds Roon 1.8 readiness
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Samsung ranked No.1 TV brand for 15th year running
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published