Darts, World Matchplay

Mylo

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Anyone else been following the action form Blackpool ?

A few shocks so far especially the departure of reigning champion Lloydy :eek: Anybody that thinks darts is a boring sport should take a good look at this tournament ;)

I didn't even know it was on, will try and catch some of it now, if only to have a laugh at Sid's commentating ;)

Yeah i watch every darts championship that is on, big darts fan!! :smashin:

Shame Lewis went out to hamilton but it was a good match & hamilton looks a good player does'nt he? stopped barney qualifying aswell so could go far in the matchplay what do you reckon?

Big Taylor fan and was a bit worried when he drew Part but part was not good at all last night! and taylor had it easy, i think now part is out and no barney, phil will go on to win this now.

Phil has'nt been as good as he normally is either and i wonder if that's due to the pressure of barney joining the pdc? because apart from john part he knew he could beat the rest easy & maybe the chink in his armor is not being able to handle pressure too well?

Can't believe we have'nt got more darts fans on this forum? it's great to watch and so much better than the BDO imho.

Sid gets on my nerves of late though doe's he ever ****? :D

I do reckon Sid has gone more over the top since joining Sky. I think maybe someone at Sky has told him to be a bit more vocal and more "Geordie" as it's quite a good gimmick for them :D

I love darts - and not just for humerous reasons!:D There does need to be 'divisional' break down now though. I would suggest, heavyweight, super heavyweight, massively overweight, and awesomely overweight. The big guys do seem to have an advantage over their lesser proportioned opponents.........:D

But seriously, I do enjoy watching the 'big tournaments'.

Part was shocking :eek: I felt sure he would take Taylor all the way, much like the Hamilton match.
Hamilton is a cracking player and did well to beat the youngster.

The heat is proving to be quite a killer and are all those floodlights on the players really necessary? Ronnie Baxter messed up several times and he rarely misses a target.

If Wayne Mardle gets through today things could really start to get exciting :clap:

-Jay- said:
Can't believe we have'nt got more darts fans on this forum? it's great to watch and so much better than the BDO imho.

2nd best spectator sport behind football in my house. Love it. Went to a Thursday Night Premier League meeting this year, it was superb, just got to get myself to the PDC World finals now...

Unfortunately missed all of last night as I was out, but will be watching from now on.

Last night was painful, Part was a broken man.

Smithy nearly passed out in the heat of the first match of the evening :eek:

Mylo said:
Last night was painful, Part was a broken man.

Smithy nearly passed out in the heat of the first match of the evening :eek:
It's like overkill said these boys are way too fat lol

Remember fordham vs taylor? could'nt carry on due to not being able to breath due to the heat? no mate its due the to 50 bugers you've just had. :D ;)

at the oche they reckon its 105 degrees because of the lights, it was 95 degrees by the scoreboard :eek:

Taylor of course doesn't need to sweat :D the others do it for him

Mylo said:
at the oche they reckon its 105 degrees because of the lights, it was 95 degrees by the scoreboard :eek:

Taylor of course doesn't need to sweat :D the others do it for him
Now, that is true!

I know I may be talking to myself but PLEASE, tell me some of you are watching the Taylor vs Priestley match that's on now :lease:

No ?????

Mylo said:
I know I may be talking to myself but PLEASE, tell me some of you are watching the Taylor vs Priestley match that’s on now :lease:

No ?????
I watched it and it was a cracking match Dennis was on fire eh? phil was worried that's for sure.

So Taylor Vs Hamilton tonight gonna be a close one and if phil does'nt step it up he'll be out imho

Come on phil you can do it!! :clap: :clap: :lease: :D

You said Hamilton looked dangerous and you were not wrong.
Priestley proved that even at his age you can still go the distance in a big match, it helps that he's so cool and composed all the time.

Tonights matches will be absolute crackers:thumbsup:

great game wade v scholten ! hope taylor one is just as gooo, come on phil!!

he didnt play well last night (by his standard) so fingers crossed.

The youngster was amazing wasn't he :smashin:

Nearly a 9 darter there :eek: Some excellent darts here :)

JohnG said:
Nearly a 9 darter there :eek: Some excellent darts here :)
Yep for both players :eek: 2 more legs come on phil!! :thumbsup:

final tomorrow is going to be great, and guess who cant watch it, oh well will have to record it.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom