Darksiders - Play & Help Thread

This has been on my must buy list since I heard of it but it does look like my normal routine of playing on normal first might have to change to one of the harder levels if that review is correct. Think it will depend on if there is a trophy for completing it on the hardest level.

There is actually a preview thread but as there is only one reply and the game is out on friday this one may as well be used as the play and help thread.

Think it will depend on if there is a trophy for completing it on the hardest level.

Aparently there is:

Balance Restored
Objective: Defeat the game on NORMAL

The True Horseman
Objective: Defeat the game on APOCALYPTIC

You Call That Easy?
Objective: Complete the game on EASY

Aparently there is:

Balance Restored
Objective: Defeat the game on NORMAL

The True Horseman
Objective: Defeat the game on APOCALYPTIC

You Call That Easy?
Objective: Complete the game on EASY

Mmmm, might have to go for Apocalyptic from the outset then - or maybe play it on normal first and then go hard (ohh err mrs) after for a second run through like I normally do. Decisions decisions

Where's everyone ordereding there copy from? Any good deals out there?

Roll on Friday :thumbsup:

Some really good reviews and it looks great

My pre-order from shopto was dispatched yesterday :clap: Probably stuck in the snow somewhere now :thumbsdow

Came with a free tshirt which will no doubt be the wrong size :rolleyes:

Got my shopto pre-order today,t shirt is medium and i am a large :thumbsdow But my brother in law wants it anyway so hey ho.

The game itself is brilliant so far,only played 30 mins but i can see myself getting hooked on this one.:D

I'm still on the shelf about which version to get, although I've heard the PS3 version is the superior one so I'll probably go with that, also I've gotten quite addicted to getting trophies recently. :rotfl:

The game itself is brilliant so far,only played 30 mins but i can see myself getting hooked on this one.:D

Other thoughts???? i have been thinking of getting this but just after buying demons souls again i dont think my budget will stretch:(

Other thoughts???? i have been thinking of getting this but just after buying demons souls again i dont think my budget will stretch:(

Played for about 5 hours now and I would go as far as to say that this is the best game I have played for a long time.The mechanics of the fighting,puzzle solving,platforming and rpg elements all blend tgether seamlessly and make playing this game very entertaining indeed.I just could not stop playing it!

The story is very dark and hellish type fantasy based upon the whole heaven and hell and 4 horseman mythos and it works great.The characters and dialouge are top notch and well thought out.The "levels" or temples are HUGE and take a while to beat,I found the puzzles to be just right,they are not too easy but also not frustratingly hard.

It borrows alot of ideas from alot of other great games but that is not a bad thing IMO,the game plays great.

So far this is a 9.5 for me,if I had pick any negatives it would be the graphics are sometimes a bit rough around the edges but considering the scale of the game it really does not matter,the game still looks great thanks to brilliant art work.

Last edited by a moderator:
The "levels" or temples are HUGE and take a while to beat,I found the puzzles to be just right,they are not too easy but also not frustratingly hard.
I already had to Google how to do one bit. It's the bit
in the cathedral where there's a bomb in a round hole in the wall, a door that's blocked by that crystal stuff and a bomb on the floor (the kind that only explodes when fire touches it). I spent ages looking for a way to get the bomb to go off and clear the way. The solution is kind of obvious really, but I just couldn't get it so after 30 minutes I cracked and Googled it, lol.

I already had to Google how to do one bit. It's the bit
in the cathedral where there's a bomb in a round hole in the wall, a door that's blocked by that crystal stuff and a bomb on the floor (the kind that only explodes when fire touches it). I spent ages looking for a way to get the bomb to go off and clear the way. The solution is kind of obvious really, but I just couldn't get it so after 30 minutes I cracked and Googled it, lol.

That part took me about 5 mins of head scratching and alot of temptation to google before i solved it.It is simply logical captain.:D

Very clever little section that(i use the word "little" loosely).I have just been been checking the net for guides etc and gamesradar have a video section that shows you were all the armour pieces are,there are 10 altogether and if you get them all you not only look alot cooler but you are insanely powerful.They have a few videos up and are updating them soon.

Darksiders armor and weapons guide | GamesRadar

What a cracking game this is.As soon as my son has a nap today it is going back on! :devil:

Decided I will get this, I hope it's going to be at a decent price instore somewhere as i decided not to pre-order.

Decided I will get this, I hope it's going to be at a decent price instore somewhere as i decided not to pre-order.

Asda doing it for £37.98,this news is based on my wife as a source of info so it may be wrong :rotfl:

You will not regret buying it anyway it is a top game.

Got this on my lovefilm rental list.. hoping I get 'chosen' to receive a copy soon.. Got sabateur through letterbox on release day so fingers crossed.

[edit]

Just checked my lovefilm account and it says..

Darksiders - Dispatching soon.

Which means it will be on its way to me very soon.

really loving lovefilm and cant believe Ive only just found a way to get all the games I ever wanted for £10 a month!

Last edited:
I got my copy yesterday and I've got to say that its the best game I've played for a while, 9.6 points from me. Its the PS3 copy so no screen tearing which is a problem on the 360 version apparently

archfiendkain said:
I got my copy yesterday and I've got to say that its the best game I've played for a while, 9.6 points from me. Its the PS3 copy so no screen tearing which is a problem on the 360 version apparently
Yeah I read that to which is surprising as it's normally the other way around
Think I will have to wait for a while as the old budget may not stretch just started god of war2 so that might keep me entertained for a while see how the land lies next week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This game just gets better and better.I now have ruin the horse,galloping along swiping enemies with my sword/gun combo is so much fun!

Picked this up this morning.. have to say i'm really enjoying it.. only got as far as the cathedrial.. missed a trophy for hitting a helecopter with a car during the begining level, should have looked at them before i started lol.. ah well there is always another playthrough.. so far it's a :thumbsup: from me.

missed a trophy for hitting a helecopter with a car during the begining level, should have looked at them before i started lol..
Is this Darksiders or Die Hard 4.0 you're talking about? :D

Dam you lot, I have now purchased this game due to everyone raving about it!!! :p

Can someone please help me and tell me where I find the 3rd sword to put in to the statue. I have been running about for so long I can't remeber what doors I have unlocked or which rooms I have been in and which ones I haven't.

Any help would be appreciated!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom