Question Darker side or screen wall with a projector

Gerry557

I was under the assumption that its better to have a darker wall behind the projector screen. Someone suggested that by swapping and having the darker walls to the sides would be better. The reasoning is the screen wall is mainly covered by the screen anyway and reflections off the screen will be on to larger darker walls.

Stolen from the net are two examples, as a picture paints a thousand word as they say.
Pic 1 Darker screen wall lighter sides
PJ 2.jpg

Pic 2 Darker side wall lighter screen wall
PJ 3.jpg

I know full bat cave would be better but this going to be in a lounge not dedicated cinema room. The better half wanted all white initially, has relented to having a darker white wall and has finally considered a darker feature wall but not grey, Sh*t brown or yukky yellow!

Grey's would probably have been my choice but she is considering blues or bluey greys. So two light walls and too dark ones but which way round, 1 or 2 ??

I have considered divorce but wouldn't know what to do with half my money as I have never had that much before!

mb3195

Distinguished Member
Dark screen wall can help the frame disappear, meaning it doesn’t look like a big TV.

Dark side walls will help more with contrast.

You pick your poison.....

Gerry557

@mb3195 , thanks for the reply. It will be an electric drop down screen so the former I doubt will be the issue. Better contrast is prefered, I think.

Might have to grovel to the boss and swap layouts then.

Gerry557

Tried playing with the dulux visualiser app, everything looks terrible. Hope it's the program. Might be back to painting squares on the wall

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: The Best TVs and Projectors of 2020, plus AV, TV Show & Movie News & Reviews
Top Bottom