Quantcast

Dark Waters Review & Comments

AdamAttewell

If you found Dark Waters a good watch & find this subject interesting I would also highly recommend watching the documentary The Devil We Know.

SuperSkunk

Would it be possible in the future to place a clear pointer/link as to where these films or series are available to watch?

mb3195

Distinguished Member
Would it be possible in the future to place a clear pointer/link as to where these films or series are available to watch?
this one is the cinema 😁

QuestShield

Distinguished Member
I'm glad you mentioned Chernobyl, Cas. Since seeing Dark Waters I had a feeling there was a missing 'edge' from it I couldn't put my finger on; and Chernobyl had exactly that.
I think it was down to the realism in both cases which gave the Chernobyl the edge but ironically detracted from Dark Waters edge due to the period of time it encompasses and the type of affair it was.. perhaps the Du Pont case being a long drawn out affair would probably have more edge as a TV series?

Slinkywizard

They shoulda called it Erin Michaelclaytovich.

encaser

I enjoyed this but found it a bit sagging and also lacked an overriding urgency, even though it's an ongoing and very real world time sensitive plight for its victims - that by degree, includes us all. To the latter point, you would expect it to have drawn the viewer in much more but it doesn't and instead got bogged down in explanation and convention.
Having seen Ruffalo and the actual lawyer involved on Graham Norton, I was struck again at the lack of outrage from the audience but more of a polite gasp with an oh dear and that's ultimately what this leaves you with.

richp007

Distinguished Member
Thanks Cas, this popped up on my radar when I watched Parasite.

Type of thing I like to watch, never ceases to amaze me what these big corps get up to.

Hampy1972

Great movie.
One man against the system.
9/10

HeavenlyWarrior

Ruffalo may be the only Marvel actor out of the big four that has a equally successful career not reliant on his connection to a big franchise.

SDMDAM

I watched this on Friday with my wife and we both really enjoyed it. Great performance from Mark Ruffalo with strong support from Anne Hathaway and the rest of the cast. Arguably, it was a bit long but I think that was deliberate to try and emphasise the length of time the process actually took.

The attitude of big Corporates never fails to amaze me!

SDMDAM

Arguably RDJ has albeit the MCU help resurrect a career which was stalling.
Actually the more ai think on it... Scarlett Johansson, Chris Pratt, Andy Serkis, Josh Brolin, Benedict Cumberbatch... there are quite a few and of course old Nick Fury himself has had a great career outside of MCU

barnaby jones

Distinguished Member
This film was an eye opening, sobering, terrifying and a thoroughly engrossing watch. I’ve already removed all Teflon related products from my kitchen.

Garrett

This film was an eye opening, sobering, terrifying and a thoroughly engrossing watch. I’ve already removed all Teflon related products from my kitchen.
I was wondering about that is it just Teflon or are all non stick products using Teflon?

JnrSoprano6

Standard Member
I enjoyed this but found it a bit sagging and also lacked an overriding urgency, even though it's an ongoing and very real world time sensitive plight for its victims - that by degree, includes us all. To the latter point, you would expect it to have drawn the viewer in much more but it doesn't and instead got bogged down in explanation and convention.
Having seen Ruffalo and the actual lawyer involved on Graham Norton, I was struck again at the lack of outrage from the audience but more of a polite gasp with an oh dear and that's ultimately what this leaves you with.
I would agree with this. Started strong and by end kinda just wanted it to be finished with. I did enjoy it but not one I will ever watch again.

EUarmy

Just seen Dark Waters at the cinema.

Well first things first: we're buying new pans.
A very informative film, interesting and indeed scary. Mark Ruffalo played his role well. I was unaware of the situation with Tefal, so more than glad we saw the film. Powerful companies in America like this one: total nightmare and must be run by psychopaths