Dark Waters (January 2020) directed by Todd Haynes

raigraphixs

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Inspired by a shocking true story, a tenacious attorney (Mark Ruffalo) uncovers a dark secret that connects a growing number of unexplained deaths due to one of the world's largest corporations. In the process, he risks everything – his future, his family, and his own life - to expose the truth.

MV5BODQ0M2Y5M2QtZGIwMC00MzJjLThlMzYtNmE3ZTMzZTYzOGEwXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTkxNjUyNQ@@._V1_SY1000_SX675_AL_.jpg

Last edited:
Obviously I'm to blame too, but really surprised this thread is as quiet. Saw the trailer for this before Parasite and thought it looked excellent. Sounding like it just might be.

Really enjoy these sort of thrillers.

Not as gripping as I hoped it would be, but a worthy effort. A bit long, but then again so was the real life case. True story is an eye opener (insofar as corporations not giving a **** can be an eye opener). Acting decent. 7/10.

Also, we all have perfluorooctanoic acid in us. But at least our pans don't stick. Cheers, Dupont corp.

And another thing, either Mark Ruffalo is really small in real life, or Tim Robbins is a giant. He towers above him.

Not as gripping as I hoped it would be, but a worthy effort. A bit long, but then again so was the real life case. True story is an eye opener (insofar as corporations not giving a **** can be an eye opener). Acting decent. 7/10.

Also, we all have perfluorooctanoic acid in us. But at least our pans don't stick. Cheers, Dupont corp.

And another thing, either Mark Ruffalo is really small in real life, or Tim Robbins is a giant. He towers above him.

he's around 6ft 4

Last edited:
Celebheights.com who knew? 😂😂

My wife and I both really fancy this film so looking forward to seeing it. I love a wee movie that gets my blood boiling, The Big Short, Spotlight, etc.

Good movie, well made and eye opening but as Lucas says it's not as grippng as it could have been perhaps due to the long period of time over which the movie takes place. I thought there'd be more court room shenanigans but there's a lot of investigative work and going up against the Du Pont corporation, David v Goliath stuff.
A worthy movie. 7/10

BTW anyone else notice that the wife/partner roles in a lot of movies about great men are eerily similar.
First Man, Ford v Ferrari and this for example gave me a bit of deja vu.

Last edited:
BTW anyone else notice that the wife/partner roles in a lot of movies about great men are eerily similar.
First Man, Ford v Ferrari and this for example gave me a bit of deja vu.

^
Totally that Hathaway moment made me think ere we go give the gal some First Man crap to spiel out, not a bad film but you know how its all gonna play-out 15 mins in, Ruffalo must have some sort of a real beef with Du Pont after what happened to him in Foxcatcher:).

Was just reading about this film. Definitely on my to watch pile.

I agree 7/10 is the best this film can hope for dragged a bit.

Shocking that people were knowingly left to suffer like this...

Although it looks like DuPont are still up to the same tricks...

As of yesterday, this has appeared on Prime.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom