Dark Souls 2

Cha1ky

Distinguished Member
May aswell put it in its own thread now

and the 12 minute gameplay from IGn the other night.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_JFDPCtXFY&"]Dark Souls 2 Gameplay Reveal - 12 Minute Demo - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:

Our Year

Distinguished Member
Dark Souls II director Yui Tanimura agrees. In an interview with ShackNews he said (through a translator), “A lot of it was not very well done, sort of half-assed.” The good news is that, for the sequel, the team have been developing the PC version alongside the consoles.

“Yes, we will definitely put more priority on the PC,” Tanimura continued. “Last time, we started working on PC after the console version was complete. This time, because we are considering the PC from the beginning, you can be sure there will be more care put into PC development.”
good

MikeKay1976

Distinguished Member
Wonder if it will be GFWL after all the positive support they got for GFWL integration in the 1st game ;)

(for the record, I have never had an issue with GFWL personally so shouldn't really take the mick out of it)

Our Year

Distinguished Member
Wonder if it will be GFWL after all the positive support they got for GFWL integration in the 1st game ;)

(for the record, I have never had an issue with GFWL personally so shouldn't really take the mick out of it)
funny you should ask ;)
Dark Souls fans, we’ve got something a bit extra for you today. A couple of hours ago, we informed you about FromSoftware’s intentions with the PC version of Dark Souls 2, and the fact that it wouldn’t be a half-assed game like its predecessor. Well, get ready for the first shock: the demo that was showcased yesterday was running on a PC at 60fps. Now get ready for another surprise: the PC version is the lead platform for it. Booooooooomshakalaka.

This information comes from the French gaming website, GameKult. According to a Q&A of GameKult, Dark Souls 2′s lead platform is the PC. The first Dark Souls game was adapted from consoles to PC but this time, FromSoftware is doing the exact opposite; the PC version serves as the base for Dark Souls 2.

In addition, the PC version will run at 60fps, while the console version will run at 30fps.

Not only that, but it is said that FromSoftware has reprogrammed the game’s engine from A to Z, and that it has not included elements from the previous engine.

The game’s PC boxart has also been revealed, and we are happy to report that there isn’t any GFWL logo on it. In other words, it’s almost safe to say that Dark Souls 2 PC won’t support it.

All in all, things are looking pretty amazing for Dark Souls 2 PC. The fact that FromSoftware demoed the PC version – instead of the console version – proves that we’ll be getting a polished title.

Enjoy!

scanz

Distinguished Member
Just a shame it isn't out until 2014 :(

Might have to grab Dark Souls on the PC and play through it again. Had it on the Xbox and haven't tried the DLC yet.

JustinJ004

Looks great which reminds me I need to start Blight-town next on Dark Souls One... :rolleyes:

scanz

Distinguished Member
Only just been able to watch the gameplay footage and you got to love a game where the creators show off the various way you can die :devil:

The IGN guy's face when they cut to him after the axe scene is brilliant!! :rotfl:

eiren

Distinguished Member
Definitely getting this. Loved what I've played of Dark Souls on the PC so far.

Really need to get back to playing it... another action RPG has been keeping me away (Guild Wars 2).

MadamePresident

I've pre-ordered a PS4 and I'm more interested in this to be honest.

Shame the PC version is coming out after the console versions.

Stockholm

Distinguished Member
Apparently the Hollow/Humanity system is very different in Ds2. It doesn't matter which form you're in now because you can be invaded in both. Always-on invasions sounds good for the people who enjoy PvP but I don't like the idea of someone else being able to mess with your progress through the game. I'd be up for the surprise aspect of invasion after completing the game on my own for the first time but not before that.

Anyway, it's looking good and shaping up nicely according to EpicNameBro on Youtube.

majnu

Distinguished Member
Contains Boss Fights so Spoiler Alert!

irgsefton

Available on Steam now for 39.99.

Just can't bring myself to pay 40 quid for a pre-release after BF4.

Foster

Distinguished Member
What is it with companies charging console prices, fudge off.

aslird

Distinguished Member
God knows what the port is going to be like, you'd have to be mad to pre-order it atm :)

Stockholm

Distinguished Member
Thank goodness I pre-ordered it for the PS3 the other day! I had a feeling that it would be over a month until it came out for PC and I can't hold out that long for a fix of Dark Souls!

Cannot wait until next Friday.

Everyone who's played it seems to praise it.

Edit - Someone is claiming that this code [OQE4LG-WEQPSE-SMCME1] gets you $10 off the RRP. Don't know if it applies to the UK but thought I'd post it here for those of you who use GMG.

Edit 2 - £22.99 for a physical copy from GMG in UK

Dark Souls II | PC DVD game discounts at Green Man Gaming

Cheers

scanz

Distinguished Member
God knows what the port is going to be like, you'd have to be mad to pre-order it atm :)
I can't remember 100%, but I'm sure when I was hooked on Dark Souls and reading about the development of number 2 that it was being developed primarily on and for the PC, with ports going to the consoles. The reason the port of Dark Souls was horribly bad is because they rushed it, they openly admitted they just wanted to get it out there for PC gamers to try.

Stockholm

Distinguished Member
Yeah, that's correct. DkS 2 was built with PC gameplay in mind, and once it's released you'll no doubt have things like DSFix and loads of mods to choose from too. The current version of DkS 1 for PC is absolutely fine and looks great at high resolutions 1440-2160p with high-res textures and SweetFX.

The reason there's a delay between the consoles and PC for this one is because they want to give it a final polish before it's released.

Our Year

Distinguished Member
Dark Souls 2 minimum and recommended system requirements for the PC version have been posted by Bandai Namco.

Here’s what your PC will need inside to run the game:

Minimum:
OS: Windows XP SP3, Windows Vista SP2, Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8
Processor: AMD® Phenom II™ X2 555 3.2Ghz or Intel® Pentium Core ™ 2 Duo E8500 3.17Ghz
Memory: 2 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA® GeForce® 9600GT, ATI Radeon™ HD 5870
Hard Drive: 8 GB available space
Sound Card: Compatible with DirectX 9.0c or higher
Network: Internet connection required for online play and product activation

Recommended:
Processor: Intel® CoreTM i3 2100 3.10GHz or AMD® A8 3870K 3.0GHz
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 465 or higher, ATI Radeon™ HD 6870 or higher
Hard Drive: 8 GB available space
Sound Card: Compatible with DirectX 9.0c or higher
Network: Internet connection required for online play and product Activation

Dark Souls 2 will be released on PC April 25.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Bowers & Wilkins launches Px8 headphone
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Sky set to launch its plug-and-play Sky Stream solution
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Movies Podcast: 26th September 2022
  • By Phil Hinton
  • Published
AV Podcast: 26th September 2022