Dark Shadows (HMV Exclusive) (Blu-ray Steelbook)

Gooble Gobble said:
What are the usual response times for people who have e-mailed HMV with problems on here? I e-mailed them about the price reduction on Friday and have had no e-mail reply yet.

I emailed them on fri about the price reductions and they emailed back about 10 mins ago and said they were refunding 2* £2 for dark shadows and wrath of the titans!

Why they can't do this automatically is beyond me??

I emailed them on fri about the price reductions and they emailed back about 10 mins ago and said they were refunding 2* £2 for dark shadows and wrath of the titans!

Yep, they must have replied to them all today, as soon as I read your post, I went to check the e-mails and I had a reply saying they are refunding me the £2. :)

Following your recent correspondence with our team, please accept this as confirmation that a refund to the value of £2.00. Please note that whilst hmv have processed the refund, due to banking policies it may take up to 7days to appear on your account.

^ Yay.

Got mine through today, apart from a slight scuff mark on the back corner, it's excellent.

ds_zpsb906e4e6.jpg

One has same scuff issue and a few other small paint issues.
Right now paint issues are more of a problem than dings! I need to find a cheap purple marker now :)

Mine also arrived this morning... along with Wrath of the Titans 3D and the Canadian Batman Begins steelbooks; all in perfect condition... I'm well pleased :)

replicant81 said:
How on earth did he have it Friday? They didn't post them until then?
One rule and all that...

He lives in Ireland where new releases are sold in HMV stores on the Friday before release date ;)

Whats the easiest way to return a HMV steelbook with a small dent and paint loss? Do i need to ocntact them or just send it back as damaged? Thanks

just noticed mine has a small ding too - i could have caused it though not sure.

im not bothering to send it back - its not that desireable and its not like ill ever sell it, so i can live with a little nick.

im getting sick of having to look through a microscope to check these steels so from now on unless its a noticeable ding on a nice steel, im sticking with them.

Is the film any good?

Heard very mixed reviews.

Richard said:
Is the film any good?

Heard very mixed reviews.

Mine turned up today, just finished watching it (having already seen it on IMAX earlier in the year).

It's not a great film - is it horror? Comedy? It has elements of both, but isn't really either and it struggles to tell a coherent story... But I have to say, I think it's not bad at all. I definitely think its Burton's best film in years (faint praise, I admit) and has lots to enjoy if you go in with an open mind and moderate expectations.

It's a stunning looking film and the transfer is top notch.

She is fabulous in every film. :)

Saw this one in store locally; not sure if I should pick it up.. no embossing etc. and average movie... Maybe if I have some spare cash after pay day :)

I thoroughly enjoyed this when I watched it on Sunday evening. Tim Burton + gothic setting + Johnny Depp... what could possibly go wrong? Not a lot in my eyes as it was an entertaining and sometimes funny/sometimes dark yarn. Loved it. Might help that I've never seen the TV series this is supposed to be based on.

I've never seen the tv series, probably best not too with these kind of adaptions I reckon... Might still pick it up after pay day eom :)

I thoroughly enjoyed this when I watched it on Sunday evening. Tim Burton + gothic setting + Johnny Depp... what could possibly go wrong? Not a lot in my eyes as it was an entertaining and sometimes funny/sometimes dark yarn. Loved it. Might help that I've never seen the TV series this is supposed to be based on.

^ This, but add + Eva Green. :D

Mrs bought this the other day, wasn't too bad as films go but I felt it didn't know what type of film it wanted to be. The dark parts were great but the comedic side was almost non-existent. A few giggles to be had but not one of Burtons better efforts, probably on the lines of Mars Attacks! or something of a similar level.

I had this French release in hand today in Mediamarkt and Johnny Depp and the Chair are actually embossed as well. The girls have their air with a shine to it. Much nicer then i expected.
I will probably buy this one.

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom