Dark Shadows (HMV Exclusive) (Blu-ray Steelbook)

barnaby jones

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Dark Shadows: Hmv Exclusive: Steelbook: Ultraviolet

Release date: 15/10/2012

342786d1349461666t-dark-shadows-hmv-exclusive-1000345865.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
good stuff, i liked the trailer and im generally a fan of tim burton films, also really like jonny depp and chloe moretz so this is one steelbook i dont mind buying.

Trailers are designed to make you like them - even the twilight saga trailers usually look quite good and look how awful those films are !:rotfl:
Dark Shadows is not very good (IMO) - I found it tedious dull and boring but then each to their own I guess.

It didn't really know what it wanted to be, and therefore felt muddled and lacked direction, but I mostly enjoyed it.

The production on it was awesome, so I'm guessing it will look stunning on BD:smashin:

Hi,

FWIW, DARK SHADOWS failed not only because it was a mediocre film, but because hardly anybody in the UK knew of the original 1960's and 70's TV soap opera show that it was based on.

You really need to have seen some of the original show, and know about the show's characters and history, to get the most out of the film.

Pooch

Pre-ordered it when it first came up on the website. Adore the purple coloured cover(I'm purple obsessed) and I love Eva Green and Tim Burton, so it's a definite buy for me.

I tend to love the Tim Burton films that a lot of people didn't like - Alice in Wonderland, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory for example.

Undecided on this one. I think it will make a nice Steelbook, but I don't think the film is really my thing.

Attachments

• 1000345865.JPG
    1000345865.JPG
    4.9 KB · Views: 172
Pre-ordered it when it first came up on the website. Adore the purple coloured cover(I'm purple obsessed) and I love Eva Green and Tim Burton, so it's a definite buy for me.

I tend to love the Tim Burton films that a lot of people didn't like - Alice in Wonderland, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory for example.

Im the same, so pre ordered this despite the reviews :smashin:

Maccadinho25 said:
Im the same, so pre ordered this despite the reviews :smashin:

It actually wasn't a terrible film- not great, but no train wreck either. I've kept mine on preorder as it looks like a nice steelbook, and based on how good it looked on the IMAX screen I'm guessing it will look fantastic on bd.

Just seen another image of this with the back shot of the steelbook and I'm looking forwards to getting this steelbook a lot, the purple looks gorgeous.

cool ive just cancelled and reordered.

must admit im a little worried, its thursday afternoon and ive had no despatch email for this or for wrath of the titans. anyone else in the same boat?

^ I thought HMV a have pre-order price guarantee. The price has lowered while it's still in the pre-order stage and according to their site:

If we lower our prices after you've pre-ordered (and we often do), we'll automatically charge you the lowest price when we ship the goods out to you. This is for online pricing only and does not relate to hmv store offers.

Last edited:
^ I thought HMV a have pre-order price guarantee. The price has lowered while it's still in the pre-order stage and according to their site:

If we lower our prices after you've pre-ordered (and we often do), we'll automatically charge you the lowest price when we ship the goods out to you. This is for online pricing only and does not relate to hmv store offers.

In my experience they hardly ever automatically charge you the lower price, though they do refund you the difference if you phone them and complain.

It's easier, I think, to cancel and re-order at the lower price. Saves any hassle (and phone bills!).

In my experience they hardly ever automatically charge you the lower price, though they do refund you the difference if you phone them and complain.

It's easier, I think, to cancel and re-order at the lower price. Saves any hassle (and phone bills!).

yeah thats my thinking - its just shocking that i was even able to do it, thursday afternoon usually means its already half way to me. i wonder if it will be shipped tomorrow?

Well you can email them for free and they will do the same as I've done it three times now. However, it's clumsy and inconvenient that we have to as it means you have to constantly keep your eyes on the website prices and if you have a lot of pre-orders, as I do, then it gets very tedious, very quickly.

We really shouldn't have to do that though as Play.com and Amazon have no problems adjusting the pre-order prices to reflect the lowest one up to release. It's just another nail in the coffin as far my custom with HMV goes. I'm gradually switching my non-exclusive steelbook orders over to Play.com and Amazon.

Mines been dispatched :smashin: Will see if im charged £18 and then complain if i am :)

My Order History and despatch email both show £18.00 for this item (as opposed to my Wrath of the Titans one which dropped from £19.00 yesterday to £16.00 but only because I asked in advance for them to alter it!). I've sent yet another email to HMV reminding them that the Dark Shadows BD steelbook is £16.00 not £18.00.

I've e-mailed them about it just in case it comes through as £18 on my card. It still says £18 on both dispatch e-mail and on my order page on the site. I pasted what they say on their website in my e-mail for them to see and asked for the £2 refund if it has not changed in their records.

Last edited:
Hi could someone please tell me the address? I am not sure but is it [email protected]? I am also due a couple of pounds from this steelbook from there pre-price promise.

i think it might be website.service these days.

you could ring them but thats only good if you have the bt package with free calls anytime to 0845 numbers.

Pictures of this at HDN, thanks to BluSteel2012:

Attachments

• DSC01885.jpg
    DSC01885.jpg
    231.8 KB · Views: 635
  • DSC01889.jpg
    DSC01889.jpg
    229.2 KB · Views: 523
  • DSC01890.jpg
    DSC01890.jpg
    285.5 KB · Views: 741
Oo I rather like that.

Is this 2 discs like the basic version? If so I might have to go for it as I love the look of it, very tasty indeed.

What are the usual response times for people who have e-mailed HMV with problems on here? I e-mailed them about the price reduction on Friday and have had no e-mail reply yet.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom