Dark Shadow Across My LED Screen

Fuggle

Novice Member
Reaction score

Dark Shadow Across My LED Screen​

Hi, I have a Baird 32” LED TV (Model# TI3206LEDBCJ) and in the top, right hand corner there is a permanent dark shadow that is slowly spreading across my screen. It is now covering the right half of my screen, although I can still see the picture underneath the shadow.

Does anyone have any tips as to how to get my screen back to normal please?

The backlighting is failing. It may be that your TV is beyond economic repair.

Thank you Mike. Can I not replace the LED backlight strip? Will that even work?

I would replace with this if you need one around the same size

its one of the few 32 inch tvs.

Thank you Mike. Can I not replace the LED backlight strip? Will that even work?
Assuming you could source the correct replacement part and could safely install it then perhaps yes. However Baird TVs of this vintage were simply labeled budget sets made in China for Brighthouse and similar retailers. Their true manufacturer would be impossible to find. As tvdavid says you will be better off replacing it with new TV offering a better specification. If you still rely on SCART connections you will be disappointed.

Thank you David... Does this model come in a 40" version?

Brian

The next size up for the LG LM6300 is 43"

Great! Thanks again David.

Brian

Hey Dave, can I ask why you picked this particular model? What is it about this TV that convinced you to recommend it to me?

Best regards,

Brian

its one of the few smaller tvs another to go for

if want a bigger size its more to.

If you're interested in the LG LM6300, it's worth noting an updated version - the LM6370 - has recently been released. It's currently only available in Curry's, but hopefully more retailers will get them in soon.

If you're interested in the LG LM6300, it's worth noting an updated version - the LM6370 - has recently been released. It's currently only available in Curry's, but hopefully more retailers will get them in soon.
Thank you Mike. I'm trying to convince the missus to upsize to a 40", or possible even a 43". It all comes down to budget, but I also want the best TV I can get for my money and there's so many to choose from!

its one of the few smaller tvs another to go for

if want a bigger size its more to.
Thanks Dave, I am doing my research, but I really do appreciate the advice I get from people like yourself as I'm not up on my TV knowledge. I am thinking of upsizing to a 40" or even a 43", it's all a case of budget mate.

You might find this guide useful...

Thank you Mike. I'm trying to convince the missus to upsize to a 40", or possible even a 43". It all comes down to budget, but I also want the best TV I can get for my money and there's so many to choose from!
You would best advised to steer clear of new 2021 models as they are extremely overpriced at this time of year. Try to pick up a bargain 2020 model before stocks run out.

You would best advised to steer clear of new 2021 models as they are extremely overpriced at this time of year. Try to pick up a bargain 2020 model before stocks run out.
That's a great idea, cheers Mike!

43LM6300 is £299. I have the 32” in the bedroom and it’s very adequate for the money

43LM6300 is £299. I have the 32” in the bedroom and it’s very adequate for the money

Thanks Vickster, It's actually for my front-room. Although my front-room isn't that big, I would like to upgrade from my 32" to a 40" or even a 43".

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom