1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dark RGB problem

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Dan666, Dec 7, 2003.

1. Dan666

Dan666
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I, amongst many others, am suffering from this on my JVC TV and I was wondering if anyone else has had this idea or can offer any input:

Some RGB cables for consoles have capacitors (usually 220uf) wired into each R, G and B connector at the scart plug to increase the brightness of the picture.

All my sources are routed through a Qunitro scart controller, and the output from this is the only scart plug connected to my TV. So in theory, if I made a pass-through scart connector with all pins connected, but with caps on the appropriate R, G and B lines, it should increase the brightness of the picture on all RGB sources when connected inline with my Quintro's output.

I could use something like this with the RCA plugs cut off and the modifications mentioned above.

What thinkest thou?

2. gingerone

gingerone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +237
    I have this problem on my phillips 28pw6006. The only way I could get around it was to get a dvd player with gamma correction which has fixed the problem.

3. Dan666

Dan666
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Ive been searching the net for some kind of RGB enhancer box which allows for adjustment and correction of white balance.

Ive found this processor which is available from Maplin, but I notice it takes a PAL signal, converts it to RGB, then back to PAL.

All i need is RGB in and out.

Can anyone suggest an appropriate box?