1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dark RGB on NS900V - gamma settings

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by rsjt, Feb 16, 2002.

1. rsjt

rsjt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Haven't read all the earlier threads on this so others may have already suggested this, but I solved the dark RGB on my DVP-NS900V by changing the gamma settings as on the manual pg(70-71). Have got a great picture now with a KV36FS70. I agree though it would have been better to get a good picture with the default gamma settings but I suppose having this facility is better than not having it. Haven't suffered the switching problem others have had but I'm using an RGB-only SQART which may be the reason.

2. swarrans

swarrans
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I tried playing with the gamma and brightness settings too to make the RGB output acceptable, but I wasn't as happy with the result as I got from "standard" S Video.
    Glad you are though!
    Your machine must have been the later batch that didn't have the switching issue, I doubt it's because of your particular brand of scart lead.