1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dark RGB display

Discussion in 'Nintendo Forums' started by Sharpshooter, Oct 11, 2004.

1. Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I just got me an RGB cable for my PS2 but when I switch to RGB mode the screen goes darker than it should, so I have to turn up the brightness on my TV. I just wondered if anyone knows why this happens. Is it down to my TV, the cable I use or the settings on my PS2? Any help would be appreciated.

2. Sinzer

Sinzer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,102
    I have the same problem with my PS2 on just a normal cable. The console brightness/contrast is completely different to my normal RGB feeds from SKY/DVD.

The same goes for my Gamecube also. Really makes me wish I had a TV where you could save the brightness/contrast settings :(

3. Lameway

Lameway
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It's all down to the TV and how it's manufacturered as far as I can tell - a Phillips 28" that's in my lounge has a really dark RGB picture, but the same model that my friend owns is perfect and requires no altering of contrast/brightness levels when switching modes etc.. weird! :confused:

4. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    JVC have this same problem but you can adjust brightness in service menu to a higher overall level