Dark Messiah: Might & Magic Help!

Discussion in 'PC Gaming & Rigs' started by Rasczak, Dec 30, 2006.

1. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,349
    Has anyone played this? If so by chance does anyone have a save game post the Spider caves which they can e-mail to me? I run off screaming like a girl after about 30 seconds of playing the Spiders level...

Many thanks

2. bjd

bjd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,099
  3. TheMinel

TheMinel
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    you what??

sorry I don't get it, you are scared of virtual spiders? I have a video for you then :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxHhddwxADs

I am well scared of real life big ass spiders, but I can play games with virtual ones in it no problem :rotfl:

I finished the game, quite good to, I guess you haven't come across the spider queen towards the end where you have to free the chick who follows you around then :D now that's a big spider

and sorry I have no savegames, got rid of them after finishing the game

4. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,349
    Well I wasn't before - but I am of those spiders - they act too lifelike and are as good as invincible and are blooming huge. I've tried playing with the lights on and sound low (etc) but it's no good - I've tried dashing though but ultimately I can only stand a few seconds. I think I might have chronic arachnophobia.

Yes - thanks for the link - but for my health and happiness I think I may avoid it.

I've decided to put this game to bed - excellent whilst it lasted but time to move onto Oblivion. Life is to short to live in mortal terror of your PC.

5. TheMinel

TheMinel
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :D awesome, I have to say those spiders were a bit insistent, crawling up the walls and reaching you also when you were high up a ledge etc. Nothing a good fireball couldn't sort btw... they also took damage from the fall :D

Oblivion... finally finished the arch-mage quests, and am now arch mage, at level 12 lmao. there's a bug though, where I can't seem to be able to use the "orrery" even with the ex-archmage key :thumbsdow

I managed to get rid of the Necromancer's boss, silencing him so he couldn't cast anything eheheh then hacked him properly :rotfl:

now have to decide which way to go... possibly do the fighter's guild quests... my carachter is all "blade/destruction" skills :cool:

6. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,349
    I've done the main quest and the Fighter's guild (I am an Archer). I might give the Mage's Guild a try - keen to avoid the Theives Guild/Dark Brotherhood as I want to stay on the right side of the law!

7. TheMinel

TheMinel
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    talking about dark brotherhood, they came to visit me the other night while asleep in one of the mages' guild.

Only reason that happened (you need to murder a few people before they consider you :lol: ) was because in a quest from the Mages' guild I was forced to get rid of 4 vampire hunters as they wouldn't leave town after the vampires had been dealt with... hence not allowing me to progress in the quest... (won't reveal too much but it's quite cool). was quite hard to murder them without having the guards all over you! very sneaky affair, but managed in the end :D without going to prison that is :D

Still, not sure I'm gonna bother with the dark brotherhood quests yet.
    Archery: I have it as one of my main skills, but found myself never using it, much prefer fireballing from a distance :D so i sold all arrows and bows I had.

Quick q: later on in the game, you'll find the need to store items that you might want to sell later on (when you find a shop which has enough money to buy it without you giving it away, ie I have a shield worth nearly 4000 gold but no shops have got enough gold, max ~ 1200gold for single items). I know the higher the mercantile skill, the more money the shops will have to buy your stuff (working on increasing that) but in the meantime, where would you store this highly valuable loot without disappearing? here's what happened to me: I stored the shield, a few other bits I didn't want to bring with me in a quest, bear pelts etc in a drawer in the archmage chamber (which is now mine :D ), after emptying it of the clothes I found in there originally. After coming back there for a few days most stuff had disappeared, bar the shield (fortunately) and a few other things. I lost a few good staffs ( a staff of silence iirc + more), and the game seemed to have regenerated the clothes I emptied previously (which were still lying on the floor next to the drawer). So, do i just leave a pile of stuff on the floor???

PS this thread should now be called Oblivion discussion :rotfl:

8. Zombane

Zombane

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +245
    You need to buy the Orrery add-on to actually go in there...sucks eh?

9. TheMinel

TheMinel
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    doh! Thanks for that, I think I'll give it a miss.. how come they sell add-ons? it's not an expansion package, is it?

10. Zombane

Zombane

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +245
    Blame EA...they started the trend!
    If you buy the new "Knights of the nine" Oblivion add-on, it includes all of the mini-add ons.