Dark bands/lines on my LCD, picture included

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by Hue Jorgen, Aug 28, 2006.

Tags:
  1. Hue Jorgen

Hue Jorgen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi folks,
    I asked this question the other day on here, but didnt get any replies.
    I realised i needed to take a picture of the problem, because it just sounded strange in words.
    Any way, ive had my Aria LCD about 2 months, i have been delighted with it so far, but the other day when watching the football, i noticed a thin dark band just bellow the centre of the screen. After a bit of changing inputs and so on, i realised it was there all the time, unoticable most of the time, but football or golf show it quite clearly.
    I thought it must be my wiring, so i unpluged everthing, moved the TV to a different room, with no source connected, messed about with the setting, turning up the brightness to full, you can make out 4 clearly defined darker bands running left to right, about a quater of an inch thick, finishing about half way in.
    Im no expert, but this looks as though it has somthing to do with the backlight.
    I cant understand why i hadnt picked up on this before now, because i had run the Avia setup dvd, watched some of the World Cup, and never noticed it once, now i see all the time.
    It may have been there from new, but could it of devolped? Or is this a normal feature for an LCD panel?
    Is this a fault?
    Any advice or coments would be most welcome.

Thanks Carl..

[​IMG]

2. azirath

azirath
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    That kind of thing is common on older LCD monitors at least(havent bought one in a while :)

As to why you havent seen it before it might be because you were running on lower brightness or because the backlight changes after a little after being turned on. I remember some people testing this with some Dell monitors taking photos similar to yours after turning it on, after 10 min, 1 hour etc.

What you are seeing is probably the backlight itself, how visible is it at normal brightness?

3. Hue Jorgen

Hue Jorgen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Az,

You can not see this on a black / dark screen with the brightness set to 50%, its only visable when a brighter more uniform image is displayed, i.e. a football pitch.
    The TV is suposedly using a Samsung panel, its the Aria special at £480. Other than this i couldnt be happier with it.

4. Hue Jorgen

Hue Jorgen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Please can anyone tell me if they think the above is a fault.
    I need to know soon as I will ask for a replacment or fix from Aria, but i dont want them to give it back to me, with them saying theres nothing wrong it.

TIA Carl..

5. Daftboy

Daftboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Na, not a fault.
    It's just in modern standards a poor panel. What you are seeing is definatley the backlights.