1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dark Angel on sale at HMV

Discussion in 'Shopping, Deals, Discounts & Bargains' started by onewingedangel, Nov 6, 2003.

1. onewingedangel

onewingedangel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    On the website Dark Angel season 1 is £29.99, and in their Swansea store they had season 2 for £29.99. Bargain.

2. phenom2003

phenom2003

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    First series on cd-wow is £19.99 on region 1 for the first series, now that's a bargain (with £3 vouchers)

3. CrazyHorse

CrazyHorse

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +305
    R1 Dark Angel has better extra's - 4 commentary tracks, featurettes, etc. - but is 4.3. R2 just has a few short interviews but is 16.9 anamorphic widescreen.

I went for the R2 - would have liked the extra's but 16.9 W/S wins every time.

4. onewingedangel

onewingedangel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25

It was the same with me. I bought season 1 for £25 a couple of months ago when play had it on sale, and I bought season 2 last week from hmv. Although I would like the extras, it was the show that made me want to buy the dvd's, so even if though there may be no worthy extras, I can't be dissapointed, as at least Im getting the show, I liked in the best possible quality.

Annoyingly I now face a similar predicament with the boxsets for stargate sg1, r1 are supposedly better in terms of extras, and roughly equal in terms of picture quality, but I have season 1 on region 2, and thought that the region 2 picture should be at least a little better as its pal. But this may not be the case, especially as its television sourced material.