1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dario Argento's Phenomena

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by PoochJD, Dec 11, 2000.

1. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Hooray!!!!

Dario Argento's horror drama "Phenomena" has been released today in an UNCUT version, on Region 2 DVD! With a reasonable set of extras including music video, interviews, and behind-the-scenes featurette, the film is in an approximate 1.85:1 ratio, albeit probably NOT 16:9 enhanced.

This is the first time this movie has been seen in the UK, complete and uncensored, and according to the BBFC website, only the previous edited version entitled "Creepers" has ever been past them, in a bastardised 79 minute cut! Uncensored, the movie runs 110m 35s! Wahey!! Thank You to the company concerned for releasing this movie!

Pooch

2. tiberious

tiberious

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Is that the one about the homicidal Monkey ?

I remember seeing that years ago.Did they really cut out 30 minutes???

Sounds like a case for the Melon Farmers !!

3. desade

desade

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I really like this movie. I think it is one of Argento's best and most underrated.

Have not been visiting many shops lately, (work n'all). Is it the same as the region 1 version? Anyone know?

The region 1 has a few documentaries, a commentary from Aregento (who walked out half way through) and some very dodgy music videos. Bill Wyman? **** OFF.

4. desade

desade

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Scratch the above entry. I have just seen a copy of the region 2 version and I think Anchor Bay wins again.