• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Daredevil special edition?

Lex

Established Member
I remember somebody mentioning that there will be a new special edition of Daredevil being released on DVD? Is this still going to happen?

I was thninking about getting the current 2-disc version, but I don't want to buy it if there is a new version out soon...

Anyone got any info?

Garrett

It was mentioned on this forum back in July by Idoodle there was a pointer to this site here;)

F

FoxyMulder

The Special edition is coming out on region 1 dvd in April.

nwgarratt

Distinguished Member
I have noticed that some places don't sell the 2 disc version anymore. It is just the first disc in a one disc version. I have also noticed the same thing with Minority Report.

Garrett

Originally posted by nwgarratt
I have noticed that some places don't sell the 2 disc version anymore. It is just the first disc in a one disc version. I have also noticed the same thing with Minority Report.
I noticed that the double disc are in the red packs and the single in blue packs.

pete18

Established Member
i have heard that they have changed some of the story lines

can't wait really like daredevil, thought it was better than spiderman

maybe i am mad
:rotfl:

from pete

nwgarratt

Distinguished Member
I also prefered Daredevil to Spiderman. It could have done another 10 minutes or so. Does the SE have much more footage. I haven't bought it yet and just rented it at the time it came out.

Spiderman was still good though.

Miyazaki

Distinguished Member
For me it's Dunst vs Garner.

Sorry for me it has to be Garner!

F

FoxyMulder

I heard an April release and twenty minutes longer and the storyline will be altered with the addition of much more of a certain character.

CIMPSA

Standard Member
I'm with pete18 and nwgarrat, I also preferred Daredevil over Spiderman. It could have been a little bit darker, though (well, not for the main character, obviously...), and I´ll also get rid of the "Bull's eye" character, really hideous (or maybe is just Colin Farrell:mad: )

nwgarratt

Distinguished Member
I heard an April release and twenty minutes longer and the storyline will be altered with the addition of much more of a certain character.

That sounds good if it's true.

Garrett

Originally posted by FoxyMulder

Who might that be?

Add a spoiler if it is that startling.:D

Garrett

Thanks for the links :smashin: but aI cannot see who the certain character is.

F

FoxyMulder

I lost my original link and despite searching can't find it, anyways April will be with us soon and u can ask her.

B

Ben Franklin

As far as I'm aware it was a character played by Ice T (or could've been Ice Cube, I can't remember). Anyway, it was one of the two, though I'm not sure how it fits into the film exactly; its possibly to do with the case Ben Afflecks lawyer is working on in the film?

jon smith

Prominent Member
It's Busta Rhymes...

He was in the trailers IIRC (and it is a crime subplot to do with Matt Murdock's work)

jon smith

Prominent Member
You're right, it is Coolio... good job I didn't take the mick out of Ben for getting his rappers mixed up...

Garrett

Seem to be some speculation there as well as to whether it is better than Spider-Man.

F

FoxyMulder

I bet the delay is because they want to wait until the Elektra film is ready for release.

CrispyXUK

Prominent Member
Well I aint watchin it now as it seems to have post hip-hop stars in it.

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom