dap with a line in

A

ajr

Hi guys :hiya:

New to forum so I apopogise if this has already been asked. I'm after a dap that I can back up my vinyl onto directly from my amplifier. Is this possible at all and what bit rates do they record at?
Looking for something small but with at least 6gb.

All suggestions gratefully received.

ajr

extremelydodgy

There's the iRiver H10 series with the cradle. The Line-In is in the cradle and it will make respectable recordings to a max of 320K MP3. You may also be able to pick up the H300-series or the H100-series with built-in Line-In, but these are discontinued products. Avoid the iAudio X5 / M5 / M3. The recordings they can make are notably inferior to that of iRiver.

The best for recording are Sony's Hi-MD machines. They also now allow unrestricted upload to WAV (and record in uncompressed audio as well). Theoretically speaking you've got unlimited storage with interchangeable 1Gb discs, but obviously it's not very practical to carry lots of discs around and transfer speed either to or from the player is like watching paint dry... but recording quality-wise, Hi-MD is the best option.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom