Dansai with sony htk475

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by simon23484uk, Dec 6, 2001.

1. simon23484uk

simon23484uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there, hope somebody can help

I have just hocked up the Dansai 852 to the sony amp with the digital co-ax conection. It sounds fantastic but it means that sound from tv totally goes as you output in digital. This is a shame as my TV is pro logic and has good sound. Is there any way around this problem?

Also does anyone know if it's bad to have more than one speaker in an output and if so why. I have some tannoy m2s and another centre speaker which I want to add to the amp as well as the pascals which comw with the system.

Cheers
    Simon

2. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you have connected your DVD to the Sony amp via co-ax, surely you are getting 5.1 digital sound from the amp and pascal speakers, which is better than any pro-logic output from the TV.

So why worry about lack of sound from the TV ?

If I'm missing something obvious. I apologise.

3. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    It is probably electrically bad to plug more than one speaker into a speaker socket but equally important it would sound terrible if you were thinking of having them in the same room.