Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Dangerous Satellite Dish!

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by Stewart Bray, Jan 2, 2005.

1. Stewart Bray

Stewart Bray

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My dish fell off the wall yesterday! It was installed in Sept 1999, and is made by Grundig. The reason is that there is a short "hockey stick" to which the dish was attached, and this was made out of very thin steel. The steel has simply rusted away - not good news for a 4plus years installation. My TV aerial on the other hand was installed in 1978 and still soldiers on in spite of the hurricane of 1987.
    If you have access to a Grundig dish, and there is any possibility of it falling and injuring anyone, I would seriously suggest that your have a look, to check that all is well. I can provide a picture of the offending item if needed

2. Dillz

Dillz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    I know the feeling, my TV aerial was installed on a flimsy J shaped bracket and rusted through after a couple of years, ended up getting a reputable local installer to put up a new one a couple of months ago on a decent bracket.

Now my satellite dish that's a different matter, did it myself using a T & K bracket, heavy duty pole and huge bolts, now that isn't going anywhere :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: