Dandelion Clock...

AMc

Distinguished Member

Dandelion Clock
by AMcUK, on Flickr

I tried to take some on theme pictures on several occasions and didn't think I'd got anything, then when I came to post I found I had 3 I really liked.

Taken with my new Fuji XF1 - very minor adjustment to the levels to bring up the contrast and converted to grayscale in GIMP.

Any comments welcome and thanks for looking!

snerkler

Distinguished Member
Nice enough. I can elaborate if you like?

shotokan101

Banned
Obviously on theme but not really doing much for me - a combination of the mono I think and it being "not blown" I think...

Jim

rockchick762k

I like it, really nice capture :)

AMc

Distinguished Member
Obviously on theme but not really doing much for me - a combination of the mono I think and it being "not blown" I think...
I had worked on it in colour but it was all very green which distracted from the white seed head.
It would have been nice to try blowing it (oooerr), but I was out on my bike on my own with no tripod.
I couldn't see a way to blow it myself and hold the camera steady (phnarr phnarr).

Thanks for looking!

shotokan101

Banned
I might have tried a simple slight (ish) green desaturation in that case and a highlight boost maybe..... and a tighter crop and maybe a vignette... and.... and... and... :D

hard to tell if it would work without seeing it I guess...

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom