1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dances with Wolves...

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Desticado, Jan 10, 2002.

1. Desticado

Desticado

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Does anyone know if the DVD of this movie currently on release is the original edit or the extended one?

If its not the extended edit anyone got any ideas when it might be released?

Cheers.

2. CWB

CWB
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The R2 version on sale at Play and DC-DVD is apparently 173 mins, so this roughly equates to the cinema run-time equivalent of 183 mins, which is the shortest of THREE releases.

The others were 223 mins and 237 mins approx. (cinema run-time and NTSC time).

I hope this helps. The imdb.com and BBFC.co.uk sites are useful in this respect.

Regards,

Cliff

3. CWB

CWB
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I got that the wrong way round. The middle one is the extended US. The longest is the Eropean release. Ooops.

Cliff

4. Gary D

Gary D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +826
    It's the standard release not the directors cut! but it does have a fantastic DTS sound track! If the directors cut is released it will more than likely span two discs (esp if it has DTS, no definately if it has DTS) a la Pearl Harbor.

Gary

5. Desticado

Desticado

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Disc Spanning I can handle, when its every couple of hours, as I normally need a loo break by then anyway.....

I hve the extended version on VHS and I like how you get to see the guys at the compound before Dunbar gets there (although would have been nicer to have had a little more or the 'action' perhaps although that would no doubt have then detracted from the pace and style of the rest of the film.

6. rnjones

rnjones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Supprisingly Amazon.co.uk have the R2 DVD at £9.99 currently. Just arrived. It is 173 minute version with DTS. Havent watched it yet though.
    Rog