Dances With Wolves 3 disc Ext. edition

juniper

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi - I'd love to see a review of the new Dances With Wolves 3-discer - I've done a search on here and can't find anyone who's seen it yet (unless I'm just missing it somehow :blush: ). Only it's my fave film, and before I shell out some silly amount of money for it, just wondered if people thought it was worth it, and whether the PQ and sound were a step-upo from the original DVD release?

Thanks........

If its anything like the Older Region 1 SE its worth getting. The Region 2 has a DTS sound track that the R1 doesn't. The PQ on the R1 is quite good, can't say about the R2. Worth taking the chance.

With the pitch adjustment for PAL the DTS track becomes worthless and i'm happy with my region 1 edition.

FoxyMulder said:
With the pitch adjustment for PAL the DTS track becomes worthless and i'm happy with my region 1 edition.

Foxy - PAL SPEEDUP :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: you'll scare the newbies!!!

Juniper - the set is well worth getting if you have the orginal 1 disc edition then the 3 discer is worth it the extras are great. it has the DTS soundtrack as well that the R1 (which i have) doesnt have.

Gary

I've got the R2 Theatrical Cut and the R1 SE Director's Cut of Dances With Wolves.
On the R2 Theatrical Cut of the movie which has DTS, the sound is quite good but the PQ is poor.
On the R1 SE Director's Cut the PQ is good but as the movie runs for almost 4 hours it is spilt over 2 discs, well one double sided disc. There is a DD5.1 sound track which I don't believe is as good as the R2 Dts track.
Of course I'm quite happy with my R1 and don't intend to change it, but if I didn't have a copy of the movie I don't see any harm in getting the new R2 Dir's Cut.
Again the movie is spilt over 2 discs and I would like to think that the PQ is an improvement over the old Theatrical Cut.Well it should be.

Buy which ever one is the cheapest.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom