1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

damsel in distress

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by ugly sister, Nov 11, 2003.

1. ugly sister

ugly sister

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a pioneer 433 plasma, a sky(grundig) box, video(sony),and a pioneer .dvd home cinema
    the problem i have is the picture is not brilliant, its slightly grainy, and faces or objects have ghosting and a bit fuzzy.
    sky is set to rgb
    input 1 : dvd
    input 2 :video(you can watch sky through it but picture still the same)
    input3 : sky.(input signal on plasma is av, changed to rgb , but does not make any difference)
    Our advisers have changed every lead, setting, inputs, and every other possible thing on it without sucess.
    we have heard that there are some upmarket sky set top boxes, possibly pace and harushi. has anyone tried this? can anyone help.
    i am not very technically minded, so if anyone has any advice , make it simple. thankyou

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    SKY RGB is huge difference but SKY>VCR>PLASMA wont work!
    Who is your advisor??? I dont use Pio Plasma but surely they know all this!!!
    Also Humax dont make sky boxes (sky and sattelite are different)
    Where are you???
    A better DVD player would also help (if plasma is prog scan capable a PS player will make a big difference

3. ugly sister

ugly sister

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    pioneer dvd home cinema system gives an excellent picture.
    on our input 3 sky goes straight to the plasma bypassing the video. ...our adviser is from pioneer.
    should the input 3 on plasma(when you bring the menu up) be on av or rgb(same as sky)?
    would the signal be better if we changed to sky +?

4. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    If sky goes to in3 then then set in3 to RGB and Sky to RGB try that!!!
    Cant understand why you are having such an issue with this see how you get on, ( imust be over complicating it)

5. cjdshaw

cjdshaw
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Input 3 and Sky should both be set to RGB.

Have you tried swapping the SCARTs on your Sky box? There is usually a VCR output which is always composite (AV) and a TV output which can be RGB. Maybe you are running the VCR output to your TV

6. TheBigApple

TheBigApple

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    First make sure that you have the digibox tv output connected to the plasma with a fully wired RGB scart lead.

Check the services menu on the digibox, under picture settings make sure RGB and scart control are set to on.

Set Input 3 on the plasma to AV.

When viewing the digibox pressing the Sky button on the Sky remote will automatically switch the plasma to RGB. You should be able to see a noticeable difference, particularly on the edges of the search and scan banner.

If the picture is still dissapointing you may want to try reducing the contrast, brightnesss and sharpness settings.