Damn Thomson DTI1000 won't work!

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by SimonMW, Mar 28, 2005.

1. SimonMW

SimonMW

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Recently I downloaded the latest update for the Thomson DTI1000 receiver. As per normal it switched itself off after the upgrade had finished downloading (although the green light was still on), so I left it a while as I remembered that the last time I updated I had to leave it for a while.

This time however it went for ages without doing anything, so, in my infinite wisdom I unplugged it as it was not responding to the remote. BAD idea! Now when I plug it in the red power light comes on showing power is going through it, but I cannot switch the box on to receive programmes. I have tried unplugging it for days at a time, and still I can't get the damn thing to turn on.

I think I've messed up the firmware in a big way. Although I still find it utterly stupid that there isn't a backup ROM on board. Afterall what would happen if there was a powercut while upgrading?

Does anybody know if there is any way to perform a hard reset on this box? Remember I can't actually turn it on to use the software reset. Thomson themselves don't seem to want to know!

2. SimonMW

SimonMW

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  3. SimonMW

SimonMW

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0