1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

damn sonic stage! please help i have royaly screwed up!

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by watchinthewheel, Mar 9, 2005.

1. watchinthewheel

watchinthewheel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ok i really need your help on this one, i just found ut that sonic stage 3 is out wooooo hoooooo, i though so i quickly got it installed and everything was fine, started it up onece to check it worked but didnt actualy do anything. then i read on a thread here that you have to reset your player (a hd3 for me) i really didnt want to do this because it took me ages to put all my music on there without it having some problem or other, usualy due to capitals either being there or not. so i decided to go back to 2.3 uninstalled 3.0 reset, installed 2.3 all was going well untill i started up 2.3 again and it said "the ATRAC audio device cannot be used with this version of sonic stage" now im worried, what can i do to get rid of the errors without having to reset my hd3, would it help to get 3.0 back? im going crazy with sonic stage now, i hate it so much! please help im in dire need here, thanks in advance.

2. washout

washout

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    follow my advice reinstall sonic stage 3,
    next open up sonicstage, click top left music sourse, connect music shop, click LOGIN within connect music shop, create a new account, register ur details, now get this far and tell me what it says

3. shelteringsky

shelteringsky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    well, watchinthewheel you are on the same as me... I did the same. Upgraded to 3.0, then went to 2.3 again and the device wasn´t recognized... I tried to login but I could not. so I had to initialize the HD3 and put the music again on it... hope you can login. I couldn´t because I´m from Spain and the player seems have been brought from France and the connect page is in french and I dn´t know if I logged my account properly (i don´t have any idea of french...) so.... you may be luckier than me....

otherwise, now that I´m transfering the music all over again, I´m making a back up of my library on dvd´s before deleting it and continueing with transfer.

good luck, i guess i´ll have to wait connect spanish site is ready...

4. combustion

combustion

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thats strange because when I went from 2.3 to 3.0 it recognized all my files and i didnt have to do anything... I think you only have to erase you traks from the unit if you used an earlier version than 2.3 before installing 3.0.

5. caz1979

caz1979
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Seems a lot of us have been caught out by SonicStage v3. I upgraded from 2.3 only to find I couldn't use Connect even to preview tracks as I was outside the US. I quickly gave up, uninstalled 3, rebooted, installed 2.3, rebooted and now everything is fine. I think I was lucky as I hadn't connected the HD3 up to v3 once I'd upgraded.

6. Spacecowboy

Spacecowboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

Thats correct. Its only your HD3 it doesn't recognise, not your music library on your PC, that should be fine, well it was for me anyway.

7. watchinthewheel

watchinthewheel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    when i have longer will do a proper reply but thanks for all the help and just for your info, i have never registered or used connect and dont have a pc media libruary with soinic stage i transfer stuff 1 album at a time.

8. watchinthewheel

watchinthewheel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    so you all recommend going back to 3.0 then? ok ill try and let you know how it goes, thanks for the advice.

9. shelteringsky

shelteringsky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    if you are not going to connect or authorize your device then you can use v3.0 (they say it´s slightly better: faster, not much more, but...) I will use v2.3 till I can register myself in connect page (when spanish version is ready) then I´ll wait for a version that worths it... The only thing that I was looking for in v3.0 was the property of making playlists with your available songs, but not repeating them in your player, I mean, by a kind of links to that tracks, having your playlists; but I´m afraid that till today those guys from sony don´t listen to us.

If you are from England you won´t be able to authorize your device yet, because the server is in U.S.A. Otherwise, a member of this site from Ireland has been able to do it...

10. watchinthewheel

watchinthewheel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    sorry im not sure what your on about, because i havent used most features of sonic stage i didnt bother to learn the terms. for instance what do you mean authorise your device? do you mean localy register the hd3 as a potential destination for files or do you mean on the internet register with sony to be able to use connect to download tracks? to be frank im never planning on taking my hd3 online to buy tracks,i would far rather buy an album/single and rip the tracks myself (even for this i dont use sonic stage) all im want to do is put tracks onto my hd3 and check the ones that are already there.

i heav heard about using wm10 to transfer tracks, i may try that instead, anything to get away from sonic stage!

11. shelteringsky

shelteringsky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    authorizing the device is the term used to register the player in order to transfer files with that computer altough you have transfered music yet from another computer. That´s the matter for instance, when you buy a new PC. If you are not registered/logged/authorized, the sonicstage that you re-install won´t recognize the device unless you have authorized it before. I´m not talking about downloading music with connect cause I see it quite unuseful...

When spanish "connect" is ready I´ll register just in case I want to upgrade the sonicstage version cause if i don´t do it, my device won´t be recognized unless I initialize the device (which means delete all the music from HD3, that was what I had to do because of being stupid and trying to upgrade to v3.0 without knowing that I had to authorize the computer...

12. shelteringsky

shelteringsky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    and yes, wmp10 is very useful, so you can edit many properties (artist, album, genre) at one time... not like with the bloody sonicstage.

13. watchinthewheel

watchinthewheel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks a lot for that info, very usefull. i have now reinstalled 3.0 and guess what, yep im getting "this player must be initialiased to use this version of sonic stage" message, looks like im going to have to get wm10 to work, atm i cant at all, it seems to be seeing the player but its having trouble transferring stuff to it, ill give it another go now though.

edit:eek:k i cant get wm10 to transfer the tracks either, it just says converting and stops dead at 0% damn sotware! why cant you use winap its the only media player i trust now.

edit no2: i have decided ill probably have to reset my hd3 and re-transfer everything, god its annoying! how do i actualy initialise my hd3 though, do i have to format the hdd? thats the only thing i can think of that would be kinnda classed as re-initialising in general terms.

14. shelteringsky

shelteringsky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    in my spanish menu on the player, you have something that in english could be "format". into that menu there are two choices: initalize or format. Initialize deletes all the music and data files from the player but not your personal configuration about contrast, audio options, etc... Otherwise format will erase everything but the basic files for the work of the player but won´t remember your personal configuration... I think that both of them works. I did initialize but format won´t take you much more work (only restore your sound options and the light... or things like that.

hope this helps you. this bloody machine is so difficult to handle that we have to help to each other...

15. watchinthewheel

watchinthewheel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ok iv done it now and am currently tranferring everything back, god its a pain in the ass!

i disagree about the machine being hard to handle though, the actualy hardware is great and i havent had any trouble with it, the software though! god i hate sonic stage so much!

thanks for your help btw, i needed it.