Damn my pre-1998 Kenwood CD Changer

Discussion in 'Portable Disc & Media Players & Recorders' started by Fondue, Aug 23, 2003.

1. Fondue

Fondue
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi folks.

My tape / tuner headunit (Kenwood KRC-659) recently gave up the ghost and so I purchased a replacement unit (KDC-M6024). Unfortunately, it appears my old CD changer (Kenwood KDC-C710) is uncompatible because it was made in 1997, not 1998. This is a bit of a bugger, since it means I'll have to fork out for a new one - something I'm not that keen on doing at the mo'!

I know it's a longshot, but does anyone know if there is some way to convert my old CD changer to work with my new head-unit?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

2. Dave20

Dave20

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    contact kenwood.. when they changed technologies in about 1994 they did the round to square and square to round converters so ppl could use old headunits with new ones and visa versa.

but.. afaik the 710 changer was the standard round plug which was current up untill i left the trade in 2001 so im not sure on ya problem :) unless the new 2003 kenwoods have different plugs

btw the leads were £15 roughly (but pioneer's version of the adaptor was £90 ;) )

3. Fondue

Fondue
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers, but the cable fits, I think they just changed the 'language' spoken between the head and the 'tail'!

Meh.

4. Dave20

Dave20

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    mmm.. is there a switch on the changer ?? i vaguely remember something inside the flap on the 710's.. with it switched one way the headunit would not recognise it with it the other everything would work fine..

5. Fondue

Fondue
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Dave. There's no switch - I looked for it but to no avail. I think the O-N switch was present from the 711 onwards. I can't seem to find a manual for it either to see if there's something I've missed (it came with the car).

Oh well, no matter - I'm just glad I bought the MP3 reading head unit, meaning 1 cd can hold more than my CD changer anyway!

Cheers anyway folks.

6. Dave20

Dave20

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    sorry i couldnt help more

7. Fondue

Fondue
    Standard Member

Products Owned: