Damn my old mobo, no S3 for me :(

Desmo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well I built my MCE unit out of old bits I had kicking around, and whilst it works flawlessly, it looks like I'll be goind without S3 standby :(

I've searched around the BIOS and there's nothing in there at all. It's an old Iwill KK266-R mobo. I don't suppose this can be sorted with a BIOS update? Or is it a hardware limitation of the board?

Desmo said:
Well I built my MCE unit out of old bits I had kicking around, and whilst it works flawlessly, it looks like I'll be goind without S3 standby :(

I've searched around the BIOS and there's nothing in there at all. It's an old Iwill KK266-R mobo. I don't suppose this can be sorted with a BIOS update? Or is it a hardware limitation of the board?

I've had a look in the pdf manual and it doesn't mention anything about S3:( :thumbsdow. It doesn't even look like it has the necessary USB jumpers so it's a hardware limitation.

Sorry mate looks like it isn't going to work.

Yeah, I tried taking a flick through the PDF manual too but could't find anything. Oh well, it's not a major headache for me as I don't do lots of recording and stuff. I tend to just turn on the box for films and music. It just would have been nice :)

Right, sod it. I'm going to swap my main comp and MCE comp equipment over so I can use S3 :D

Will also give me a quicker CPU and more RAM to play with too. After all, my current use for the main machine is only a bit of web browsing so it makes sense to shift it over to the MCE box.

its funny watching someone make up their mind in one thread in one afternoon:D !

Desmo said:
Right, sod it. I'm going to swap my main comp and MCE comp equipment over so I can use S3 :D

Will also give me a quicker CPU and more RAM to play with too. After all, my current use for the main machine is only a bit of web browsing so it makes sense to shift it over to the MCE box.

lol! Sounds like a plan:thumbsup:

Hell yeah it's a plan. And I'm about to start in 5 mins :D

Well I got this sorted last night. Rebuilt both machines in record time and then spent some more time giving a fresh re-install to both. MCE on one and XP Pro on the other :)

My MCE Box now seems to have cleared up a few problems I was having too :D I would get tearing on the TV and no matter what I tried I couldn't get rid of it. But it now seems to have disappeared without any fiddling around. S3 seems to work OK (got some timers set up today so I can check tonight) although I can't seem to wake up from the remote. Need to check a few settings.

All in all though I'm pleased I did the swap.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom