Dambusters-65 years on

Alan_W

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7404052.stm

Great clip of the last flying Lancaster bomber flying over Derwent Resevoir where the Dambusters trained for their mission. A huge loss of life, but their bravery and skill helped buy us freedoms.

Turn down the volume on the clip........ and sing along
DAAAA DA DA DA DA DA DA
DA DAAAAA DA DA DA DA DA DA

funkyspider

If you ever get chance to read the full story of the development of the bouncing bomb and the rediculous risks those brave men took then it's simply amazing.

nwgarratt

I have had the Lancaster, Hurricane and Spitfire flying over my house a few times. I can watch them from the Garden while they do the flybys. Unfortunately, they are too high or two quick to take any decent pictures.

Lance H

Fantastic footage, I wish I could have seen it in person. :thumbsup:

Is there anyway to download this video?

Thanks
Lance

Uridium

I have had the Lancaster, Hurricane and Spitfire flying over my house a few times. I can watch them from the Garden while they do the flybys. Unfortunately, they are too high or two quick to take any decent pictures.
My other half was tasked with booking a flyby for the school's summer fete.

Basically you just pay a £20 application fee and as long as conditions permit you will be offered a plane of their choice.

Got the reply this week ....we got the SPITFIRE! :clap::clap: