Quantcast

Damaged Tweeter Dome (?)

D

Dazed

I have a pair of B&W 601's - one of which has a slightly depressed tweeter dome (I blame some Aussie back packer friends of the WAF who stayed around once - grrrrr - Aussies worse than kids eh).

Anyway is there anything I could do about this or will it have to be replaced?

E

EvilMudge

There's not much you can do with a metal dome tweeter. Best to give B&W a call and see what it'll cost to have the tweeter replaced - probably alot less than a new set of 601s.

Member 14718

I dont know much about this tweeter but the usual fixers are Put selotape on in carefully and pull it off. (The selotape that is):eek:

Put the vacuum cleaner hose on it and Suck it out.

Do they do a replacement diaphragm?..

D

Dazed

Thanks Evil/Dan

I've tried the vacuum method and id doesn't work on the 601's - might give the sticky tape a go but looks like I'll need a replacement

T

Tejpal

Im sure they will replace the drivers for a small charge. B&W are normally quite good when it comes to this kind of stuff.

petrolhead

How much of a dint. I have a Kef q1 with a very smalll dint in the tweeter dome. I can't hear any difference. Can it make a difference with small dints in tweeter domes?

S

selexus

Dazed,

I had exactly the same thing on my new 602.5's (my fault, happened when unpacking them :mad: )
All you have to do is give B&W customer service a call. They will send you a new dome and comprehensive instructions on how to fit it. It cost me under £40 iirc .

Cheers

Top Bottom