1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Damaged TOS Link cable?

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by Oakey, Oct 24, 2005.

1. Oakey

Oakey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    My TOS Link that I use for my Xbox / PS2 seems to be no longer working. I've tried in both consoles and nothing. I momentarily got some signal through with the Xbox before losing it again. I can't see any noticeable kinks in the cable, or bends or anything to indicate it's damaged and the red light still comes out the end, yet no signal. Is it broke? Anything I can try to salvage it?

thanks

2. loadsofleads

loadsofleads

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Do you use the same cable for both consoles, i mean do you keep switching from one to the other every time you want to play a different console, because if you are, that can't be good for the cable, especially if it a cheap jobbie.
    Try changing to another optical connection on your receiver, that might be the weak link :thumbsup:

3. Oakey

Oakey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Yeah, that's what I've been doing. The cable is quite thick though and as I said, the red light still appears at the other end, surely this indicates the signal would be getting through?

4. dishdoc

dishdoc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    I have the same problem, the 6 metre optical cable runs under the floor from from my hi fi rack - with xbox on, to my amp - on my av rack. This worked for about a week, then just stopped :thumbsdow
    The 6 mtr lead was fairly new, but think I'm going to have to replace it - hopefully before 360 arrives :D

Regards,

Dishdoc

5. ScottC25

ScottC25
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just had the same thing happen to me. Optical cable ran under the floor(laminate) and I think people walking on the floor have damaged it. They do appear to be quite delicate. Have ordered a new 10m one and will be running it round the edges of the room this time so that no one stands on it

6. dishdoc

dishdoc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    hi Scott

Where did you get the cable from, and was it expensive?

Regards,

dishdoc