1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Damaged REL Stata

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by phil short, May 1, 2005.

1. phil short

phil short

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    One of the benefits of having a young family is that your AV equipment gets replaced regularly!

Seriously though, my REL Strata has taken some "impact damage". I had it in a slightly less than ideal, but wife friendly ;), position between the sofa and wall. Unfortunately I think my little boy has squeezed himself through the not existant gapo between REL and sofa, and in the process knocked the power supply against the wall. The entire facia around the power cord was handing off, and the unit making some nasty humming noises :eek:. It also seemed to be making totally random and not at all REL bass noises.

Question is, how do I go about assessing the damage and getting it fixed? Anyone know a good dealer who can service these things? :lease:

2. davehk

davehk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    Any REL stockist should be able to return it to REL for repair. Where are you?

3. Wannabe-THX

Wannabe-THX
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Or just return it to Rel yourself.

Fish

4. phil short

phil short

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm in Rugby, but I bought the sub from somewhere else. I'll search t'internet for REL dealers.