Damaged items and returns

Doubtlesswonder

I hope this is the right place for this, I just wanted to get some opinions on something.

I was having a discussion with a friend about what sort of damage warrants a return of an item, and he came up with an interesting example. He has a blu ray box set that's three films in a cardboard box (I forget which...might be the Dark Knight trilogy), and it came with the little piece of paper that advertises the UV code stuck to the back with those little blobs of glue.

When he tried to peel the paper off, the glue tore the surface of the cardboard. He's debating sending it back, but I was wondering if Amazon will accept this as a damaged item? Obviously, the damage wasn't done before the item was shipped, but it isn't really his fault either, because he was as careful as he could be when he tried to get the glue off.

Thoughts?

Indiana Jones

Distinguished Member
I remember reading of this happening a lot when the set came out in Dec 2012, if he got it from Amazon then they would probably replace it as they seem to replace anything for any reason but anywhere else I doubt they will do anything as they will consider it damage caused by the customer.

Doubtlesswonder

That's pretty much what I said to him. He got it from Amazon so he'll probably be pretty lucky because they don't seem to quibble much over returns. We were having a bit of a debate over whether it counts as customer damage because obviously he did technically do the damage, but his argument is that it's their fault for gluing stuff to the box.

Indiana Jones

Distinguished Member
If he heats up the glue just a bit it will come off very easily, I never had any trouble removing it from mine.

hippo99

Distinguished Member
2 weeks later...
Doubtlesswonder: My friend has set fire to his boxset/melted his discs & was wondering whether Amazon would accept it back as a damaged item...

:D

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom