Damaged Discs

tasman

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi. Just wondering what my rights are when a game I have purchased has damaged discs. I bought Star Wars The Old Republic from Gamestation today. It was a sealed game. I have used the online code to register the game. However the game fails on installation halfway through the first disc. I can't even copy the files to my hard drive manually. Upon inspection the disc looks to have a 1mm gouge on it. You can even feel the change in texture. Can't drive back into town now so I've had to resort to downloading the game client which will take all day and night.

So while I will be able to play the game, I could have saved myself a couple of hours of going into town and started the download earlier. Not a huge issue but my discs are basically worthless. Do I have any rights to get a replacement when this is an online game and I have essentially paid for the registration key?

Thanks

I think you have a right as it was bought as new and is obviously damaged in transit or before it left the factory.

I would take it back, explain the situation and ask for replacement discs, as you paid for those too, not purely just the liecence and software, as you could have just purchased the download online.

tris

Gamestation a pritty good for returns just the key was used, if there is no visible damage to the disc though you have a good chance of replacement, also i have had games that fail install half way though i got a replacement and still the same:( , it turned out tobe the virus program i had was blocking the install try disabling them first.

Disabled virus checking. Didn't work. Also tried installing on 2 other computers. Still didn't work. Guess I'll talk to gamestation and see what they say. How would they replace the discs without opening another copy as I guess they wouldn't give me a brand new copy with another registration key.

Disabled virus checking. Didn't work. Also tried installing on 2 other computers. Still didn't work. Guess I'll talk to gamestation and see what they say. How would they replace the discs without opening another copy as I guess they wouldn't give me a brand new copy with another registration key.

When I have had it done in the past they just open a brand new copy, give you the discs and put the damaged one's back in that case, along with the new code, and send it back to the manufacturer.

Remember to tell them that the discs are defective when they state their 'returns policy' reguarding pc game, and that all you require are a set of discs that work and are free from defect, not another code.

tris

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom