Damage by service center, Any advice ?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by pezley, Aug 4, 2006.

1. pezley

pezley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +230
    Ok so i had my LG panel repaired by Service Care ( arranged by LG )

they took it away, the panel was mint ( only a month and a half old and just had a slight fault )

it comes back, i was in a rush ( after waiting in all day for the delivery ) they ask me to check it over ( its propped up on the floor against the wall at this point ) and i check the screen and its fine. i sign the documents to say no damage.

i put it back where it belongs that evening only to find a large crack in the frame work ( bottom left corner ) paint wear on the back of the unit and the glossy black fascia is scuffed ( only noticable in certain light )

now, i cantacted them and they wanted pics o fthe damage. i send them across via email and then go to work, come home and the email was rejected.

just cursious if anyone else has been in a similar situation ? where do i stand even tho i signed the form to say no damage was present ( to be fair the delivery guy only asked me to check if the screen had any visible cracks, not the rest of the unit )

thanks in advance

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,218
    i would get the pics printed out and sent to them registered post also speak to trading standards

3. andyr300

andyr300

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +104
    i had this happen to a computer of mine once,had a big crack in the side wen i got it back...i just left it because it was ugly anyway.

but somehting like this you should see how nice they are about ti when you call them up...if they say they wont pay for it,you wont have much to stand on havin signed for it sayin it was fine

4. pezley

pezley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +230
    thatw as my worry. But as bad as this sounds if that happens ill just somehow break the tv and get a refund. Second LG panel i have had in the space of two months both went faulty and now one has a crack in it down to the nice friendly repair service.

[​IMG]

theres the crack fr anyone who cares to see the destruction

5. stevedster

stevedster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +41
    in circumstances like this I would have signed but always put 'unchecked' next your sig, even if you have checked it, it makes a lot of difference.

6. ash

ash

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +398
    Try trading standards :)

7. SlinkDaddy

SlinkDaddy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +299

Be careful they will wanna look it at service if you break it and may realise whats gone on. If you cant do anything with LG it may have to be a house insurance job to be safe. Dont waste your time at trading standards if LG go down the 'tough you signed for it line' you will only be wasting your time no matter what they say.