1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dam!! decision thrown into turmoil!!

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by adymartin, Feb 9, 2005.

1. adymartin

adymartin
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    dam!! went out last night to view a panny7 and ended up finding one on display next to a phillips 9946.
    the philips looked decidedly better in the store, both were running the same demo DVD various different television show clips, when the demo for the pixel plus came on the screen for the philips i thought it looked a bit grainy, but nonetheless, it looked better all the way through, panny looked very blocky for some reason. then we swapped the dvd for star wars, and star wars looked awful on the panny, philips again looked really clean and smooth.
    whats the story here do you think? settings?

2. deanym

deanym

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +141
    The panny is the better screen, perhaps it was set up with the weakest connections. The later philips' units are getting better but the '46 is rather weak.

A panny 7 with the relevant connection boards etc will be better in every aspect against the philips.

3. t0by

t0by

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    ady, if you do end up plumping for the Philips, I just posted a thread about them being £250 off at CostCo...

4. Stuart.Ainslie

Stuart.Ainslie
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Replaced a Philips 9946 with a Panasonic PW7 - In a different league really.
    I agree that in the shops, the Philips looked good but when set up at home it was pretty much unwatchable.

Just my opinion though......