Dallas - Season 2 UK Pace

raigraphixs

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Dallas returns on Monday, Jan. 28th (US) for it's second season

- Emma Bell (Final Destination 5) landed the new series regular role of Emma Brown, described as a sheltered classic beauty who was raised by her grandmother and has traveled through Europe since she was a toddler. An avid equestrian, she feels safest in her bubble but is about to discover what lies beyond

- Ken Kercheval's former on-screen Dallas lover, Audrey Landers, to reprise her role as Afton Cooper in the second season

Promo - Season 1 Spoiler

Knots Landing stars Ted Shackelford and Joan Van Ark are bringing their characters Gary and Valene Ewing back to tv for the upcoming second season of Dallas.
The Tv couple will reunite for a Ewing family reunion storyline, set for next spring. Gary and Valene are the parents of Lucy Ewing, who has been portrayed on Tv by Charlene Tilton since the late 1970s.

Shackelford and Van Ark last appeared in an episode of Dallas when their characters were featured in the show's 1991 finale. Knots Landing ran from 1979 to 1993.

Dallas has set a episode date for the funeral of Larry Hagman's alter ego J.R. Ewing.

Reportedly second season’s eighth episode, slated to air on March 11th — one that is rumored to feature a number of returning Dallas vets (including several that have not yet been seen on the TNT version.)

One thing I did not like about the series was
the way Cliffe Barnes has become a real nasty. I always saw him as someone that wanted what he thought was rightfuly his, do sneaky things but at the end of the day did the right thing. Also bit of an idiot. Did he not once get JR in court on a charge albeit a wrong one and Bobby asked him to drop it and he did?

I like that they kept up with the twists and duplicity whilst getting rid of the fantasy rubbish of old, where they would expect the viewer to believe any made up nonsense about business, oil etc - now dealing with a more savvy audience

Didn't Knots Landing carry on the storyline of Bobbys death like Dallas but they never had the season reset did they?

I only followed Dallas not KL so not 100% sure but that would make the returning pair a strange one as they would have to ignore their final few years storylines. Not that they will get much airtime or that anyone really cares.

I thought Ray or Lucy might have done more but maybe in the future, not seen the end of s1 but did jr ever get to use his great put down of ray again..

He used to love to say ..

Half breed
but whenever he needed Rays help/shares/vote he was all of a sudden the best brother JR could ever want.

The Uk Premier is only a day after the US i will watch it on C5 then.

Yep, the UK broadcasters finally seem robe cottoning on to the fact that if they want viewers for their expensive imports, they need to show them in a timely manner or people will just download them.

It would be good if they did a who shot J.R again. I wonder if he will be killed off at sometime this season i should imagine so. Think i read about episode 7 ?

Edit: Tonight was to far away lol good starting episodes but Cringe scenes with Bobbies wife.

Last edited:
Episodes 1 & 2: Battle Lines / Venomous Creatures

Bittersweet return, but knowing Hangman is no longer around, and that his character will not be on the show in future episodes, sorely will be missed.

There is a lot going on in the double episodes, nearly every character has there own plot thread running. Sue Ellen almost returned to her old ways, whilst Bobby & Ann have a more personal & vexing storyline to contend with.

Last edited:
Watched ep 1 on C5 .... looks like it was treating us like mugs (as Dallas of old did) with the BS about the DNA ... how on earth did they obtain a sample in the first place? Quite a boring subplot too, agree with bekko.

Yep, the UK broadcasters finally seem robe cottoning on to the fact that if they want viewers for their expensive imports, they need to show them in a timely manner or people will just download them.
not so timely now .... looks like C5 will be 8 days behind, seeing as they just aired a single ep, instead of the US double ep premier

not so timely now .... looks like C5 will be 8 days behind, seeing as they just aired a single ep, instead of the US double ep premier

I just came on to say this. Glad i watched both episodes yesterday now.

Rather annoyed that they stopped Body of Proof S2 for the second time to show this. It feels like they are trying to make most of the death of Larry Hagman rather than wait till the end of Body of Proof.

Episode 3: Sins of the Father

Good episode, did not
see that coming when Bobby's wife Anne shot Harris!, there goes J.R's masterpiece

I'm a week behind and that spoiler came straight through on my Subscriptions page. Not your fault I know. Thoroughly enjoying the ludicrous twists and turns.

I'm a week behind and that spoiler came straight through on my Subscriptions page. Not your fault I know. Thoroughly enjoying the ludicrous twists and turns.

Are spoilers still showing even with the tags? silly if they are.

Best to unsubscribe then mate, seems a poor system.

Just pretend you never saw it, then put your shock face on next week when it happens :eek:

raigraphixs said:
Are spoilers still showing even with the tags? silly if they are.

Best to unsubscribe then mate, seems a poor system.

Just pretend you never saw it, then put your shock face on next week when it happens :eek:

Exactly. If she finds out I knew!!!!

Looks like season 2 isn't doing too well ratings-wise. Audience has halved in the US and ep 2 was watched by just 600,000 on C5 this week and as a result C5 are bumping it to a late not slot, 11pm.

again some BS of old ...
last week was the inexplicable situation of Ann having a new DNA sample of her 'kidnapped' daughter; this week was JR hacking into confidential documents on his tablet

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom