dali zensor 5.1 speakers or xtz cinema speakers

Discussion in 'What Speakers Should I Buy?' started by brave, Apr 12, 2016.

1. brave

brave

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +55
    :hiya: guys I'm looking at upgrading my speakers to these DALI ZENSOR 5 (5.1) speakers - from Audio Express or will I be better of with these 3 XTZ Cinema M6"s Right Left and Center Speakers Also Surrounds S5"s and this XTZ Cinema 1x12 Subwoofer the only problem is the M6"s are not Floorstander"s

2. Jag @ Epic Home Cinema

Jag @ Epic Home Cinema
    Well-known Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,244
    Thanks for your interest in the Xtz Cinema Series. This is a sub sat system where the lower frequencies are passed over to the subwoofer to resolve. The 1x12 does so with aplomb. A floor stander isn't relevant to this series. The Cinema M6 can be mounted on wall or placed on stands. There are obvious benefits in wall mounting including boundary gain and keeping them away from curious little hands!

3. brave

brave

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +55
    :hiya: so can I get wall brackets to fit M6s I will be coming down in couple of months to Listen to the ZTZ Cinema Series will let you know before to Arrange a demo is that ok :)

4. Jag @ Epic Home Cinema

Jag @ Epic Home Cinema

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,244
    Yes, wall brackets for the M6 work. Equally, you can utilise the keymounts at the back of the speaker. Pop a couple of holes in the wall, screw in and hang the M6.

You'd be more than welcome anytime. Look forward to it.

Jag

5. indus

indus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,084

I've never heard those particular Dali speakers but have owned quite a variety of speakers and heard even more. The cinema series are a serious piece of kit.

When you hear them properly set up at Jag's place there is only one word I can find to describe them and that's 'Reference Quality'. You will be seriously surprised by the of soundstage these things can produce.

I think you need to spend the sort of money that would buy you a small German executive saloon to better them.

Anyway, go have a listen and tell us what you think:)

6. DrHarvey12

DrHarvey12

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +337
    As a Dali Zensor owner I have to admit to being very happy with my purchase. Great speakers for the money although I wouldn't get the Dali E12-F subwoofer. I would go with something from XTZ, SVS or BK Electronics instead.

However the XTZ Cinema speakers are in a totally different league, performance and pricewise. That link for the Dali setup is £1,429 for the front speakers, centre channel, surrounds and a 12" subwoofer. The XTZ cinema series going by their website prices are EUR1,580 for just the fronts. The entire 5.1 system would be over EUR4,000 - although hopefully you would get some sort of deal off RRP.

For sure the XTZ will be better but if I had the means to afford the XTZ my comparisons wouldn't be against the Dali Zensor speakers which are several pricepoints below the XTZ Cinema series.

Just wondered how you came up with two systems that at first glance seem to have wildly different price points.

7. Jag @ Epic Home Cinema

Jag @ Epic Home Cinema

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,244
    With regard to the rrp point of the Cinema series as raised above, I'd place emphasis on the point that the price is fixed as is. The prices haven't been inflated to a particular rrp leaving headroom for negotiation. The customer base get value for money on the products from the outset. The closest comparable product costs quite a bit more in price.

8. DrHarvey12

DrHarvey12

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +337
    Just to clarify I think that the XTZ Cinema series is extremely good value for money at RRP going by reviews and forum owners experience with them :). I would always advise people to ask for a deal if one is to be had but totally understand that direct (or partner) sales are usually priced extremely aggressively anyway!

Mostly I was trying to make the point that the OP seems to be looking at two specific systems with quite different prices which seemed a little odd.

If they are going to listen to the Cinema series I am sure they will be impressed! Heck, they are on my audition list if I ever have the money to upgrade my setup ;)!

9. Jag @ Epic Home Cinema

Jag @ Epic Home Cinema

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,244
    If you looked anything like your avatar, I'd walk across hot coal to bring a set over to you for a demo.

10. brave

brave

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +55
    how do I private message you

11. DrHarvey12

DrHarvey12

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +337
    @brave Not too sure who you are referring to but if you click on their avatar (the picture that appears to the left of their posts) you should come up with a pop-up that allows you to do things like view their profile, ignore them...etc. One option is to "Start a Conversation" and this is effectively PM'ing (at least that is how I use it).

12. brave

brave

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +55
    ok thanks drharvey12 I was referring to jag