Dali spektor 2 or q3020i

Johnnyroastbeef

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi there, new to the forum so hopefully I've posted this in the right place!

I'm looking to set up a basic home cinema system and I'm planning on buying the sony str dh790 av receiver and am torn between pairing it with a set of Dali spektor2 with the spektor vokal centre speaker OR the q acoustics q3020i with the 3090ci centre speaker. I'm going with the bookshelf speakers for now until the budget allows for an upgrade to the floor speakers of either of the respective ranges above - at which point I plan to use the bookshelf speakers as rears for full a full 5.1 system.

*the sony str dh790 is currently on offer at Sevenoaks for £280 if anyone is looking for one,seems like a good deal!

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

What is your max budget for speakers & sub + receiver?

Around £700 for now,that's the main reason I've gone for these particular units and left out the sub and rears until I have some more spare cash, but I'm open to suggestions!
Thanks!

That Sony is currently out of stock at 7oaks.

You should consider buying as a package as you might get a better deal than if buying separately.

If you can stretch your budget by £150 you can get a complete 5.1 3010i package with the receiver.

Personally i would take Denon X1600H over Sony as i think many would, but they are sold out too. Few weeks and back in stock. The subwoofers in these packages are poor and these are already bit over your budget. Better to start saving up...

That Sony is currently out of stock at 7oaks.

You should consider buying as a package as you might get a better deal than if buying separately.

If you can stretch your budget by £150 you can get a complete 5.1 3010i package with the receiver.

Thanks for your advice, I'll probably hold out a while so I can increase the budget!

Personally i would take Denon X1600H over Sony as i think many would, but they are sold out too. Few weeks and back in stock. The subwoofers in these packages are poor and these are already bit over your budget. Better to start saving up...

This gives me plenty to thinks about, I think I'll take your advice and go for the Denon, thanks for your help!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom