Dali Speakers or B&O BeoLab speakers

Smoking Joe

Most of my gear is at least 20 years old and I am very happy with it. Although I did have my Audiolab 8000A fully refurbished and upgraded to stage 2. The only new pieces that I have bought were Dali Zensor 5 floor standers speaker about 3 years ago.

I am going to be given a pair of B&O BeoLab 6000 loudspeakers and also a pair of BeoLab 4000 loudspeakers. I know these are active speakers, but in theory I could run one pair from the pre-out on my amp and just run the amp as a pre-amp.
My wife if going mad that I accepted this kind offer of taking the B&O speakers and am sure that she will want them gone as soon as I get them into the house. She seen photos and hates the look of them, and says that I already have too much old HiFi crap in the house! ;-) (these will make 6 pairs of speakers in the house...)

Anyway I know that the proof is in the pudding and it really comes down to your own ears. But what should I expect with regard to sound from these compared to my Zensor 5s? i.e. Real question, what would you do? - Prepare to keep the Dalis or keep one pair of B&Os?

larkone

i.e. Real question, what would you do? - Prepare to keep the Dalis or keep one pair of B&Os?
I would wait until I could hear them in my room to see if they suit the room and my personal preference.

Lapstre

Real question, what would you do?

I would rent garage space so I can keep the Dali's and other hifi crap hidden away from the wife until she finds out and I'm forced to let them go...JK

I timed it so I would have a weekend with both speakers to compare. I do wish I could have held on to my gear longer so I could test it with different amp upgrades I'm planning...

The latest video from AVForums

Sony Bravia XR A80J OLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom