Dali Rubicon LCR vs Oberon On Wall

technoholic

I've already got a pair of Rubicon LCR speakers in a stereo configuration for a Kitchen TV area where I wanted room filling sound without bookshelf speakers, or having to use a sub. I think these Rubicons are amazing and produce fantastic sound.

We're moving things around a little and although the Rubicons are amazing, they are still a little bulky for my liking. I'm looking at the Oberons and they seem to be similar to the Rubicons but shallower. Would I be gaining much space by trading my Rubicons for a pair of Oberons, or is it not worth it? Alternatively, is there anything else out there with a similar form factor but smaller, that would be suitable?

Thanks

dogfonos

I'm looking at the Oberons and they seem to be similar to the Rubicons but shallower. Would I be gaining much space by trading my Rubicons for a pair of Oberons, or is it not worth it?

According to Dali's specs, there's only an inch in depth between them. Is an inch really that important?

Many really shallow on-walls usually need a sub for convincing bass (e.g. T301 Ultra Thin On Wall Surround Sound Satellite Speakers | KEF Direct) but here are a couple of full-range on-walls:

How about 'in-wall'?

technoholic

I didn't actually realise it was only an inch in it, in that case no it's definitely not worth swapping, I was only trying work out if there was a better option, but I didn't want to trade bass response for something slimmer but worse. In wall is not an option for this wall, I have in walls throughout the house elsewhere but I'm not going through chasing out brick which is what this wall is.

It's no problem, I will keep the Rubicons, it was more of an exploratory question anyway.

Cheers

The latest video from AVForums

Sony Bravia XR A80J OLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom