Dali Opticon 6 mk2 vs Rubicon 6 or 6 black edition

That's another thing that appeals to me.. £50 price increase over 3.5 years is nothing and less than inflation.

It's not clear if Rega mean all current Rega products only or does the lifetime warranty include old out of production 15-20 year old second hand amps.

That's another thing that appeals to me.. £50 price increase over 3.5 years is nothing and less than inflation.

It's not clear if Rega mean all current Rega products only or does the lifetime warranty include old out of production 15-20 year old second hand amps.
If you find one then check with the owner if they have the manual to confirm. My particular model of the Elicit has been in production since November 2013. The Elex since June 2014 and the Brio since June 2017. Unfortunately no date printed in the manual to confirm when the lifetime warranty started from.

i emailed the seller of the elicit r but he hasn't confirmed anything that i don't already know. im guessing he's not sure.

anyway. im also watching and bidding on some arcams as well as the regas.

Arcam sound very nice. Glorious midrange, voices particularly.
Bass, treble is also very good.

The upper midrange is fantastic, violin is never harsh, just naturally sounding,

My opinion go for Arcam.

I still remember the old A32, that amplifier is incredible dynamic, yet so non fatigue.

The Dali we’ll sing with Arcam.

Try playing “Jazz At The Pawnshop”, excellent recording.

Rega sound nice also. Still I like a tad softer bass, midrange.

Arcam delivers that in spades.

Good luck. 😊

I have over 20 amps in my watch list, including the amps recommended above, and bidding on some. Ive no idea what Ill end up with..

Im keeping a look out for Rubicons also. Thanks for all suggestions.

I own the Rubicon 6 standard speakers , They are a very nice sounding speaker, I own many other speakers to compare with, they have a smoothness and clarity beyond my other speakers, the high end is really superb on these and the bass response is a shock when you first hear it, you do not expect the amount of bass on a cabinet this small !!! I use them as part of my surround set up, as I play Tidal atmos and apple high resolution music through them as well as movies, they cope with just about anything and sound fantastic, my main speakers are Tannoy D700's for stereo music, they are fantastic, and sound just incredible, the Rubicon's have the edge on clarity, but for a big sound with clout I still use my Tannoys.

Attachments

• IMG_2715.jpeg
    IMG_2715.jpeg
    299.6 KB · Views: 167
I own the Rubicon 6 standard speakers , They are a very nice sounding speaker, I own many other speakers to compare with, they have a smoothness and clarity beyond my other speakers, the high end is really superb on these and the bass response is a shock when you first hear it, you do not expect the amount of bass on a cabinet this small !!! I use them as part of my surround set up, as I play Tidal atmos and apple high resolution music through them as well as movies, they cope with just about anything and sound fantastic, my main speakers are Tannoy D700's for stereo music, they are fantastic, and sound just incredible, the Rubicon's have the edge on clarity, but for a big sound with clout I still use my Tannoys.
Thanks for sharing.

Which amp(s) do you use?

White grilles?

Thanks for sharing.

Which amp(s) do you use?

White grilles?
Seems like Marantz PM14-S1-SE , and Onkyo. I’m not entirely sure...

Buongiorno a tutti.
Inoltre ho appena ordinato dei diffusori Dali Opticon6 MKII (serie Rubicon fuori budget).

Qualcuno di voi ha sostituito i condensatori crossover con Murdorfs? Pensi che valga la pena fare questa cosa?

Per il cavo interno non riesco a capire quale modello di Van Den Hull venga utilizzato.

Una curiosità le alcune foto mostrano che l'interno degli altoparlanti non ha materiale fonoassorbente... è possibile una cosa del genere? non sarebbe meglio metterlo?

Allego foto (anche se penso che il layout dei woofer sia dell'Opticon8 vitsa.

Ecco una buona descrizione: DALI Opticon 6 MK2 Standlautsprecher - FIDELITY online

Appena arrivano provo a darvi più notizie.
Grazie in anticipo

Attachments

• dali-opticon-6-mk2-22-1024x768.jpg
    dali-opticon-6-mk2-22-1024x768.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 127
  • opticon-mk2-bassreflexsystem-schnitt.p1140x855.jpg
    opticon-mk2-bassreflexsystem-schnitt.p1140x855.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 81
Thanks for sharing but I have no idea what it means..

Where's the translate button?

Thanks for sharing but I have no idea what it means..

Where's the translate button?
I only understood Van Den Hul. I also I believe he talks about switching the cross overs.

I try to translate

Good morning everyone.
Also I just ordered some Dali Opticon6 MKII speakers (Rubicon series out of budget).

Have any of you replaced the crossover capacitors with Murdorfs? Do you think this is worth doing?

For the inner cable I cannot understand which Van Den Hull model is used.

A curiosity the some photos show that the inside of the speakers has no sound-absorbing material ... is such a thing possible? wouldn't it be better to put it?

I attach photos (although I think the woofer layout is from the Opticon8 vitsa.

Here is a good description: DALI Opticon 6 MK2 Standlautsprecher - FIDELITY online

As soon as they arrive I try to give you more news.
Thanks in advance

@Alexzy

Welcome to the Forum.

Thank you for translating your original question to English. As this is a UK based Forum then English is the language we ask all members to use.

Thanks to you and to the forum.

(often the translator doesn't work for me) sorry if it happens again.

Anyway I ask if any user has replaced the capacitors on the Crossover of the Opticon6 MKII (putting the murdorf that adopts the rubicon series).

And if he was able to verify if the sound-absorbing material is present or not inside the diffuser (from the photo it seems not to be there).
Thank you in advance.

Im sure it would be possible and sound better as it's possible with the rubicon but it may void the warranty and will be difficult to sell as people prefer original rather than DIY modified speakers, even if it improves sound quality.

I have the opticon 6 mk2 whicch have just been run in. I am very happy with them (I was happy with most of my previous speakers too). my home demo period ends in 10 days time.

Howver, I'm currently suffering from upgradititis and looking at upgrading again.

Has anyone upgraded to rubicon 6?

is the black edition worth the extra money? from what i can tell, the main technical difference is 2 capacitors have been changed to mundorf ones and the internal wiring.replaced with silver van den hul.

Im also looking at a upgrading my amp (currently bi amp with 2 arcam alpha 9r amps) and have a used a32 or a38 or a39 with a matching power amp in mind) or a new Rega (either elex, elicit or aethos)

This is my current set up:
View attachment 1530583

View attachment 1530490
Thanks
I run a MF m2si to drive my opticon 6. Loads of power from the baby MF. Works a dream

The m2si is rated 137w into 4 ohms at one or two channels. Looking at the specs I bet it uses a lot of power and gets slightly warm if turned up for longer listens.

The m2si is rated 137w into 4 ohms at one or two channels. Looking at the specs I bet it uses a lot of power and gets slightly warm if turned up for longer listens.
No. Had it on for 5 hours at reasonably substantial volume and was fine. It's an amazing amp for the money and I don't think it can beat for price/performance. Real sweet spot

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom